#1 bblokdijk

bblokdijk

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

Hi,

For the last few months I have had the G50 system and it has been working fine. I recently played a large venue where they had some wireless devices of their own and I noticed I cut out several times for a few seconds at a time.

When I bought my system the transmitter was set up to RF2 and I could not get it to work until I switched it to RF1. I called Line 6 and they told me it would cost $40 to send in my receiver and have them flash it for RF2, but I probably won't notice any difference.

Reading the G50 manual it sounds like RF2 has some additional benefits, but reading the posts on here I don't get that same sense. Is there any advantage to use RF2 versus RF1?

Does anyone else have thoughts or similar experiences as mine?  

Thanks.

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

As it happens, this exact subject came up again just yesterday !

Time spent exploring that conversation (along with its links to other, more detailed, information) should tell you pretty much all there is to know.

You'll find it here: http://line6.com/sup...ove/#entry11458.

#3 tobiak

tobiak

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

Hello,

I have the same problem, I have two G50, and, when there is a WiFi system nearby, my G50 stops for some seconds for many time, so I have to plug my wire,

( always ready ) .... 

How can you see if you are in RF1 or RF2 ? I bought my G50 used and ghave no manual ....

ciao, Tobia

#4 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

How can you see if you are in RF1 or RF2 ? I bought my G50 used and have no manual ....
ciao, Tobia

I think, Tobia...

That if you carefully read this thread once again, you will find that it has links that will lead you to all the information you need.

...when there is a WiFi system nearby, my G50 stops for some seconds for many time, so I have to plug my wire,
( always ready ) ....

For the moment, it seems to me that you are working in the RF2 mode ...and switching to RF1 would almost certainly mean that you could work "XD-V wirelessly" nearly all of the time.

Here again is the link to the document which explains more: http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2645.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users