Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powered Speakers for Amplifi

adagosto

I posted a similar question in the Firehawk forum but I think it works here as well.

Ok. here's the deal. I love what the FH1500 can do, but I don't really like the price tag too much. So I'm looking for alternatives to the FH1500. Many people seem happy with the results from powered speakers that are popular with DJ's.

I currently have the Amplifi Table Top. It's great but I use it almost only as a headphone amp because that's how it sounds best. I think a big reason is the flat response full range and most importantly the headphones are in stereo.

So, if you happen to have a Firehawk FX pedal or and Amplifi device and wanted to power amp it, what would sound better, the Firehawk FX pedal/Amplifi plugged into TWO really good quality PA speakers in stereo OR the Firehawk 1500 configuration?

I'm speaking in general terms for the moment. I'm thinking any of the good quality Mackie, JBL, QSC or others in a 12" design. How would that do in stereo vs the 1500?

I personally am looking for the best way to make the digital sound of the Firehawk or Amplifi sound more lively and give it more texture and not sound so flat. I think that comes from the stereo effect.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Thinking about what you are asking and realizing that if you just get the 1500 you can sell the TT because you won't even need it.  The 1500 does everything the TT does and does it better with the HD models too.

Have you considered a different AMPLIFi model?  Maybe the 75 or 150 would do what you want at a lower price point?