Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Workbench - Saving Your Work

I am attempting to use Workbench with an Acoustic 700.  I cannot determine the proper way to "save your work".  Can someone please post details of the functions of the "Send" button and the "Sync" button... and of course if this is the wrong place to post this type of query, please point me in the right direction.  Thanx.

• 4 months later...

I'm writing this from memory, so excuse me if I miss something, but....

I really cannot vouch for it's use with Acoustic 700, but with electrics, once you have created a patch within Workbench, exit the patch edit window, click send, and Workbench will ask you to confirm you want to send the patch(es), and write over any current patch(es) on the Variax. Until you do so, the patch will not be saved on your variax, for you to be able to select manually.

Also note, that if you are using a Pod HD 500/X/Pro, you are able to select the patch to be linked in a preset patch within the Pod, but that also the original patch you saved over is still available via this method. e.g. if you want to choose say a Tele Thinline to set up a "Keef" open G tuning, but still want to be able to have access to the same patch on the variax that you saved "over" in order to be able to put the open G tuning in it's place, the original patch is found in the Varax, via Pod HD edit, as one of the (F) for factory presets, and the new G tuning is there under (U) for user presets.

On the Variax itself however, the G tuning has replaced the factory preset, and is not selectable using the controls on the guitar. Maybe copy the factory patch you prefer into the "custom" bank (1 or 2), and save it there, unless there are patches that you never use. I have done both, as I have a lot of different tunings, etc I use regularly.