4 replies to this topic

#1 BulletsForBill75

BulletsForBill75

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

As the title says, when I select an amp model and then begin to either change the drive or bass settings, the setting I put seems to be affecting the amp model selector - ie if I choose the 'metal' channel and start turning the gain to 9 o clock, 'Class A' is being selected on the amp models.

This hasn't happened before, and it's incredibly annoying. Is there a way for this to be fixed?

#2 panczuk-phil

panczuk-phil

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Dude... I am having the exact same problem. I don't want the amp to do my modeling for me. I picked it because it offers great responsiveness and volume in a nice, compact 1 x 12 cab. I have been using a patch called 01 Like Buttah. It has exactly the sound atttributes I need it to have. I was able to read from the LCD screen the positions drive, bass, mid, treb, vol, and reverb should be in. If I pick an unused patch, I can set the amp model to clean. This particular patch requires I have the bass turned all the way up. No way will the amp let me do that without changing the model. Likewise, the drive has to be set at about 9:00, the channel volume at about 10:00, treb at 1:30 or so, and mid at noon. I use an effects pedal for all my effeccts work. All I want to be able to do is set the model to the amber clean and set anything else on there to anything I want WITHOUT the amp model changing. How does one accomplish this? I've read and re-read the manuals and have spent like hours working on this. The reason I need to know is because I want to create such a patch on my old Spider Valve 112; I hadn't learned as much as I have now so I'll have at that again, too, but I suspect I will run into the same problem.

#3 abimas

abimas

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

Try reinstaling the firmware. First you could instal a previos firmware through monkey, then test the behavior of the amp, if everything work properly then reinstal the last firmware and again test how the bass and drive knobs behave. I hope this can help, good luck!

#4 Ky270

Ky270

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

I was wondering if this fixed the problem? I have the same problem with my svmkII 212 and the delay knob will also work the reverb.

#5 leyfr01

leyfr01

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

I have a friend that is having this identical problem. We have installed Flash Memory versions 1.17, 1.50, and 2.00. Each time we performed a factory reset and the problem persists.  It does not happen when we control the amp from Spider Valve Edit. This tells me that it must be a software issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the same amp and he loves mine. This is the reason he purchased this one. He is days away from trashing it and getting a Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister.  Let's keep from losing another Line 6 customer. Help us!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: broken, amp model, drive, bass, line6, knobs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users