Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Saving a tone from Cloud to amp pre-set.

Bradburn1

Hello,

Could anyone help me with the following please.

When I select a tone using Cloud, it comes up on the amp display ok and works fine but I can't fathom out how to Save it to one of my presets.

At the moment, having downloaded a tone and it appoearing on the amp display, if I then change the preset I lose it.

How do I save the tone so it remains in the preset.

Thanks,

Derek B

Hello,

When I select a tone using Cloud, it comes up on the amp display ok and works fine but I can't fathom out how to Save it to one of my presets.

At the moment, having downloaded a tone and it appoearing on the amp display, if I then change the preset I lose it.

Thanks,

Derek B

You should be using the remote ap. With the Firehawk FX you select the tone you've downloaded from the cloud. Tweak it with the editor in the ap. If you are using an iOS device, look for the little square save icon and tap it. You'll get a pull down menu asking if you want to Save it to My Tones or the amp, etc. you should also get a choice about where to save it on the amp (bank location and foot switch ABC or D). Select one of those. If you are also using an FBV foot controller, you may be able to bank up or down and select a foot switch location from there as well. Then push and hold the foot switch button for a few seconds until the name changes in the display and it stops flashing. That's it!

Jim

Hello,

Thanks,

Derek B

When saving a tone, its all about where you save it. With any tone, just press save (box top right corner) and press 'store on FIREHAWK'. 

When you do this, the list of stored tones in FIREHAWK will appear. You then press the location/existing tone and you'll notice that the new tone is in its desired location, then done. 

One more thing to remember with Firehawk and Amplifi products, when using the remote app to save a preset, you will get the pull down menu. If you choose save to amp or save to Firehawk FX, you will select a location by bank and Footswitch ABCD. if you choose a location including any of the factory presets, that preset will be over written! It's a good idea to save the older preset to "My Tones" first before over writing in case you want to retrieve it later!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I am using an android device to modify my tones. When I go to save the modified preset my only choice is to save it to My Tones and not my Firehawk 1500. I do not get the dropdown choice. Is it a user error or am I just missing something? 

I get this sometimes too

Here is my workaround

Save to my tones.

View "my tones" (all your tones should be in a list)

Select the tone you want to save to the firehawk

In the top right of the screen you can select save to device

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

This whole saving patch process is lame! It should be one, two steps at most ("Are you Sure?").

You should be able to hold the button you want the patch saved to on the controller, and when it stops flashing, it's set. My Flextone 3 does this just fine.

You certainly shouldn't have to 'sometimes' save it to the cloud, then get the option 'sometimes' to save to FH.

It shouldn't 'sometimes' ANYTHING!

It makes me just want to turn it off, and plug back into my Flextone.

• Upvote 1

This whole saving patch process is lame! It should be one, two steps at most ("Are you Sure?").

You should be able to hold the button you want the patch saved to on the controller, and when it stops flashing, it's set. My Flextone 3 does this just fine.

You certainly shouldn't have to 'sometimes' save it to the cloud, then get the option 'sometimes' to save to FH.

It shouldn't 'sometimes' ANYTHING!

It makes me just want to turn it off, and plug back into my Flextone.

I agree. It should be easier. I wonder if there will even be future updates. I'd be willing to bet all their code writers are working on Helix stuff.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...