Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Please help, no sound :(

Hi,

Today my new Line 6 POD studio UX1 came in and I instantly installed it. I got Line 6 Monkey and all of the updates, it also just shows a green light. Now I record using Adobe Audition or Logic pro, depends on what I feel like using. I don't use POD farm because I don't understand it at all.

Now the problem is that it recognizes my interface but I don't got an input. Microphone and cabel are working fine and the interface is also just showing fine. I just don't got an input and when I record no sound. I only use 1 mic

Please help me fix this!

Well fire up Pod Farm and select Mic as the input. Its been a while since I've used my UX2 but I want to say you need to try the either the knob on top for volume or in PF. But if the green light is on and the drivers are all installed you just need your DAW to detect the UX as the input source. I use Reaper and I have to go in a select which unit I am using (HD, UX, etc...) if things are good the level meters should be indicating a signal.

Rode NT1-A is a condenser mic and so it requires phantom power,

especially when using JFET and bipolar transistor circuits, or tube condensers.

These components (JFET, Bipolar and Tubes) are active components

and require a power source. Neumann mics, Pearlman mics and the like

require a power source or phantom power.

The UX1 doesn't have phantom power, but the UX2 does.