Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Interference - multiple XD-V35 receivers

We've got a strange issue with interference.  We've got 4 receivers stacked on top of one another.  The top and bottom one seem to suffer some sort of interference indicated by one or two of the receiver lights going red whilst transmitter is switched off.  It doesn't seem to be to do with the channels, if you swap the channels with the middle two that seem ok, it's still the top and bottom one that suffer.

Any thoughts - is it likely to be faulty units?  Or related to RF1, RF2 modes (not sure which they are in - any way to tell?).

It's not unusual to see one or two red lights lit - RF from nearby wifi networks, mobile phones, computers etc can all cause that. The important thing is how it behaves when the transmitters are switched on - do you experience any problems then?

I was about to ask about how the antennae are wired up (mine are all V75s) but then twigged that the V35 don't have useful external antennae. Multiple receivers next to each other all with their own antennae can cause issues as each receiving antennae also transmits very low level RF which can cause issues with some systems. It's one of the reasons why a distribution system (like the one built in to the V75) is a really good idea. If you physically separate the receivers, does it change anything?

The RF1 / RF2 mode is set solely by the transmitter; the receiver detects which mode it's picking up so can't be manually set to one or the other. All your transmitters do of course need to be set to the same mode - you can't mix & match.

Thanks for the response.  I do occasionally notice drop outs (I've got a belt pack linked to my bass so noticeable when it happens).  I'll give it a go putting more distance between the receivers to see if that makes a different.  It just seemed a bit strange that it was two specific receivers that seem to have the problem regardless of what channels they were on.

If it's a proximity issue, the channels used won't matter - it'll always be the receivers in that specific position.

Have you tried swapping the top & bottom receivers with the middle two? It would be interesting to see whether the problem always stayed with the receivers in the top & bottom position. I would actually expect more issues with the middle two packs as they're surrounded by others but your experience doesn't seem to bear that out.