Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Adding Effects to Pedalboard Mode

wambathefool

Ok, complete newb here, I just fired up my HD500 for the first time. I spent a little time reading manuals and thought pedalboard mode may be the closest thing to what I'm used to, however, I don't seem to be smart enough to add effects. 

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do? Add FX to the preset, or have the display show the FX on/off switches?

Check your setup menus, page 1. What is your setting for FS Mode? Have you tried changing it?

Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do? Add FX to the preset, or have the display show the FX on/off switches?

Check your setup menus, page 1. What is your setting for FS Mode? Have you tried changing it?

Ok, I think I'm in FS mode.

I select an amp with the up/down foot switches, say the BF Double. It already has a volume pedal on(which seems to work) and a Wah off (which i can't get to work). I want to assign effect to the different foot switches.

I'm trying to set it up like my old analog rig, you know, a couple pedals into a tube amp.

I want to be able to switch between different amps and then have "pedals" available.

I hope that makes sense? 

Ummm.... this is the very basic operational stuff which is described much more fully and clearly in the manual than I could do here. You really need to read it - at least the HD500 Quick Start (Pilot's) Guide. The Advanced Guide provide more details. You don't need to read them start to finish but you do need to become familiar enough with them that you can use them for reference as required.

You will find the downloadable manuals in the Support section of this website (see link at top of this page).  Choose Technical Support, then Manuals. Select POD HD500 as the product and you will be provided with links to the manuals.

I don't mean to brush your question off, but there's really no point in me trying to document the very basic operational procedures. They're already there, written by professional document writers. I can't do it better.

There is also a manual for the Edit program........

I'm not trying to discourage you from asking questions, but after becoming familiar with the manuals and the basic operations you will be able to answer many of your questions yourself (more quickly than coming here) and when you get stuck you you'll be able to ask more specific questions and provide the relevant background info more easily.

Ok. Basics... Chose a fx on the unit and hold "enter" for about 2 seconds. You will get a screen like "FS2" showing you that this particular effect can be switched using FS2.

If you like this fx activated by default activate it and save the patch.

There is also a manual for the Edit program........

I'm not trying to discourage you from asking questions, but after becoming familiar with the manuals and the basic operations you will be able to answer many of your questions yourself (more quickly than coming here) and when you get stuck you you'll be able to ask more specific questions and provide the relevant background info more easily.

I had studied the manual but when the unit arrived it didn't work quite like I had anticipated. I'll do a little more study...

My $0.02 --- 

To be fair to the new guy: the manuals were written based on older firmware. There are things that are different. It can lead to confusion, especially when you are looking for a specific visual. 

But, I concur, this is basic stuff. If you can't get it from the manual, nothing we say is going to help. You may need a face-to-face with someone. 

.... You may need a face-to-face with someone. 

Or perhaps a phone call to tech support. They could probably walk you through your immediate questions and hurdles.

The support info is on the same page as the manuals link in the support section, called Contact Technical Support.

Ok. Basics... Chose a fx on the unit and hold "enter" for about 2 seconds. You will get a screen like "FS2" showing you that this particular effect can be switched using FS2.

If you like this fx activated by default activate it and save the patch.

Oh, this was super helpful!