26 replies to this topic

#21 frac82

frac82

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:29 AM

is it possible to install an SV-pre even on a Spider Valve HD 100 MK2? if yes, does it make any sense? thanx for helping...

#22 Meris_us

Meris_us

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

is it possible to install an SV-pre even on a Spider Valve HD 100 MK2? if yes, does it make any sense? thanx for helping...

Electrically possible yes, however the original SVpre wouldn't have fit in the MK2 mechanically.

Terry Burton

Engineer / Founder

Meris

#23 frac82

frac82

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:57 AM

Electrically possible yes, however the original SVpre wouldn't have fit in the MK2 mechanically.

ok, fine, thanx. read and re-replied to your e-mail too, many thanks once again

#24 cgtrox

cgtrox

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

Okay Terry, the BIG question! (Glad to see you her btw!) Can we get SVPre's made anymore? I've been eyeballing some MKI's at a couple of places... :D

cgtrox B)

"Who's the little ol' man?" <_<

#25 frac82

frac82

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:34 AM

i'm asking for a sort of BOM to get the single components then let it made custom by a qualified technician, also to fit in MK2s 

#26 geppert

geppert

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationRetirementville, Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

Cgtrox ... did you ever get a reply from Terry on whether or not his SV pre might become available either custom made by his company or schematic/parts list?

Second, is would seem that a SV MKI and SV MKII would require a few differences.

#27 frac82

frac82

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:55 AM

i ain't The Expert but from the information i collected i guess the most important thing (as the hardest without any diagram/schematics) would be reproducing the cable and the plug pin-out, as the original SVPre is driven by the L6 MK device. i even think this is the secret so it would be useless replicate something not working like that. let's hope to get some news soon...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users