Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem w/update FLASH MEMORY in line6 pod hd500

Hello guys:

I installed the "Line 6 Monkey" program to my windows 10, and i conect my Pod HD500, and i run it, i already update the Drivers section and the USB firmeware, but when i try to update the "Flash Memory" section it shows me an error.

i search for udates and it shows me the "I Agree"  window and also the "Want to keep your existing patches" window, but when i continue, and when it starts downloading the update, it shows an error, its something like this:

"POD HD500 update failed.                                                                 "

(Code 8000900C) MIDI device timed out waiting for a response.  

Try the update again, making sure the cables are still connected.

Please if you know whats the matter, hope you can answer.

i already try to restart the computer and the Pod, but no succes. Also y check the conection and its ok, the computer never stops reading the Pod from the usb cable.

Thank you a lot!!!

Download the flash file to your hard drive and choose the update from "file" option in Monkey. That usually fixes the "timed out" issue. Mind you I'm not on Win 10 but when I get the error its what I do.

-B 

yeah that too, im actually start thinking its the pod  :( i tried in another computer too and its the same error...

and i dont know if it matters, but im not using the original usb cable, but if the other sections get updated with this cable i think its not the problem right?

• 5 months later...

I had the same problem today. My HD500 was in tuner mode... i tried everything above (e.g. tried different USB ports on computer, 2nd cable, etc.) and nothing worked. On a whim I changed the setting from "tuner" to my preset 1A (not sure if it matters which preset), tried again and it worked just fine. So it may be that the HD500 needs to be in a certain mode.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

please help, I want to install the flash memory, recently you change the motherboard to my pod hd500 and connect it to the monkey I get these messages, There was an Error communicating with your device. If it is a USB device, try disconnecting then a reconnecting the USB cable.

Error: (Code 8000710B) Hardware is not valid. Please contact customer service Line 6 Immediately With This error.

I made an account but the problem continues, please help me, best regards.

• 2 years later...
On 9/24/2016 at 4:58 PM, phygwell said:

I had the same problem today. My HD500 was in tuner mode... i tried everything above (e.g. tried different USB ports on computer, 2nd cable, etc.) and nothing worked. On a whim I changed the setting from "tuner" to my preset 1A (not sure if it matters which preset), tried again and it worked just fine. So it may be that the HD500 needs to be in a certain mode.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Phygwell, thanks for posting this. I had tried, reinstalling everything and two different cables and it was the unit in Tuner mode. Crazy.