Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using One L3t As A Guitar Amp With The Eleven Rack

I hooked up my 11 rack to my L3T's one at a time and I discovered something weird with the bottom of the speaker to my right it sounded like the speaker to my right (of the 2- 10" ones in the L3T) was much louder and clearer than the one on the left at first it seemed as if it wasn't working at all, I thought at first maybe its a factory defect but the other L3T did exactly the same thing. it is late at night right now so I can't turn it up but what seems to be is that one is for different higher frequency's and the other lower, I guess I thought that if I was to connect it laying down and plugged in to the #1 and #2 channel on the side and switched it to guitar it would put the separate amps inside in stereo so one 10" would be left and the other right. Has anyone ever tried this and got the same results? I guess I'm asking if it is normal? I even tried a mic with the same results.

They are tri-amped speakers.  The top speaker handles the low end, then you have the horn and the bottom speaker handles the midrange.  So depending on the patch you had up in your eleven rack, it may have been primarily mid frequencies which would explain why most of the sound was coming from just one of the 10" speakers.