#1 philschon

philschon

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:24 AM

Hey all! I'm thinking of moving to one of the L2 speakers. I've seen a couple of posts that were talking about the L2's defaulting to Electric Guitar mode. Is that something that is programmable? I use the HD500, and do so with it in Studio Direct mode. I have been using this live with a powered PA speaker as my monitor using the 1/4" out, and sending the XLR's to the mixer. This setup works great! My speaker is starting to crap out so I'm looking at the L2's. BTW, I'd prefer an L2 over an L3 just because of the size. Which, now that I think of it, brings up another question; I have been using one monitor as my amp, and one for band mix. I see the L3's have 2 10" speakers. Is it set up in so that I could send both the POD and the mix to the speaker, but separate the each mix to a different speaker in the unit? That would solve the size/space issue!

Thanks!

Phil

#2 litesnsirens

litesnsirens

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:07 AM

The speakers in the L3t are not a stereo pair that can be divided. One of the 10" drivers handles the low end and the other the mids.  It's been a while since I messed around with an HD500 into an L2t or L3t but I think with the latest HD500 firmware you can control which speaker mode you are in from the HD500.  I can't be certain though, as I said it's been awhile. If that's the case you would just have to set up the mode you want for each patch even if it's all the same mode.

#3 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

A pair of observations that you may find worth considering, Phil...

...powered PA speaker as my monitor using the 1/4" out, and sending the XLR's to the mixer. This setup works great! My speaker is starting to crap out so I'm looking at the L2's. BTW, I'd prefer an L2 over an L3 just because of the size. Which, now that I think of it, brings up another question; I have been using one monitor as my amp, and one for band mix...

First, you may very well find that the combination of an L2's excellent dispersion with a stand such as this http://www.amazon.co... speaker stands will yield a "sweet spot" that allows the one compact rig to cover both your monitoring and your live amplifier requirements.

The second that I think may be worth a thought would be your possible implementation of a Mackie SRM150 http://www.sweetwate.../detail/SRM150/ as your personal monitor, maybe using it "upstream" of both an L2 and your feed to FOH.

I often sit an SRM150 atop one of these, http://www.sweetwate...detail/BoomSide (using the SRM150's included "non twist" spigot) whereby my higher column-mounted speaker faces the crowd, with the Mackie SRM 150 facing the performer/s from a lower position, having "sprouted" from that same centre column...

...The results: unbelievable versatility, superb non-delayed foldback, maximum "punch", minimal cabling, ...with an equally minimal "footprint" !

Smiles all around. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: l2m, l2t, l3m, l3t, pod, hd500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users