Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

When can Line 6 release a new update?

tythom

Hey guys, I got my firehawk around christmas and its a neat device. I use it mostly for praise and worship at church and other small gigs. After updating it, i realized that it restricts the user too much. I really wanted the ability to use 2 reverbs at once and even the posibility of having the looper in 2-3 foot switches at once. I've seen that all the updates have been given to other gears from line 6, but nothing has been done to the Firehawk FX.

I would really appreciate a response from the line 6 team, because I know there should be a way that these simple requests can be achieved. If other users agree with me for an update; kindly comment and include some bugs on the Firehawk that u think needs to be updated.

Thanks for your support...

Tythom, your idea is worthwhile noting, and you may submit it to Line 6 through a service they use called IdeaScale.

You may go directly to the "Line 6 Ideas" page on IdeaScale via the URL, http://line6.ideascale.com. Otherwise, if you are on the Line 6 website, then click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page (at the bottom of this forum, for example). Then find the IdeaScale link in the Feedback section of the "Contact Us" page.

Once you have registered on the Line 6 IdeaScale site, you may then post worthwhile suggestions that will go straight to the developers' ears. I have seen several great suggestions there make it into the Firehawk firmware and Firehawk Remote app!

• 2 weeks later...

Ideascale is a great way to request ideas as Fivebass pointed out.  it is also important to remember that sometimes there are limits to any devices internal archetecture that can prohibit what a device can do.  For example - in previous POD devices (xt/X3) we could only have one of each effect type, and it was fixed to a specific pedal on/off location.   Firehawk has more flexibility in both areas, but may not have enough to allow for multiple reverbs?  If that is something you need to have yo may want to look at the HD500X as a possible alternative, but you'll not be able to edit via bluetooth, so it is really about weighing what matters to most for your needs.  

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing the issue here is two-fold. 1) DSP. On the POD HD you can set up what you want but limited by DSP power. The Firehawk limits the block set up, but you don't run into DSP issues. 2) secondly and probably most importantly, product differentiation. If Firehawk didn't have the limits, who would buy Helix?

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

For most players, when you are using an effects pedal like the Firehawk FX, or real stomp boxes, you will be setting your amp on straight CLEAN... If you want 2 reverbs, you can run the reverb on your amp as a master, overall reverb, and use additional reverb on your Firehawk patches... My cousin uses a Marshall and sets it to CLEAN and lets his POD Live XT make the tones and do all the work... I do the same with mine, with some reverb on the straight CLEAN amp.

I have 3 different amps, so depending on the size of the gig,  I set them all to CLEAN with a bit of reverb, then I use the Firehawk for my patches. That way, it doesn't matter what amp I use, I always have the tones I want on any amp I use...

I would like to see another update with more Bluetooth stability, and more HD Amps and effects, and any "bug fixes"...

However, Bluetooth issues are a problem on tablets too, so you can't entirely blame the Firehawk FX if you are having Bluetooth connectivity problems.

My Bluetooth "dumb phone" won't connect to my Mac that has Bluetooth, so there is an issue with that phone and the Mac Bluetooth...

I use an Android tablet for the Firehawk FX, and I have had to reboot the Android tablet to get the Bluetooth to work on the tablet...

I haven't had to reboot the Firehawk FX though...

Additionally, If you didn't update the flash memory firmware from version 1.01 to 1.20, you'll be encountering connectivity problems, and other bugs that the new version 1.20 fixes...