Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L2T Fan Noise

Hey all, I have a new L2T hooked up via the L6 LINK to a Helix. I have noticed that the fan really seems abnormally loud. I dont really hear it when playing, but as soon as I stop i can clearly hear the fan whirring along and then winding down. Is this normal with all stagesource speakers?

Yes the fan comes on when there is a reasonable load (sound volume) and will wind down when there is low or no signal. It isn't the quietest fan in the world because the ventilation ports are small so the fan has to work hard to shift any air - I am guessing that this is to avoid compromising the sound with badly placed ports.

In practice with both of my L2t the volume from the fan is well below the hum and buzz levels of most guitar amps and is really only noticeable in quiet environments where there is a surface to reflect the sound. So on stage or in rehearsal it just isn't an issue, but if I am using them as studio/hifi speakers in a quiet level then it is very noticeable and I often switch to open-back headphones.