423 replies to this topic

#341 derek_32999

derek_32999

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

Not that easy to correctly follow up that Thread with now 18 pages. Sorry for that. But most of all I am very happy that the Start-model went back to a more Vintage sound. ;)

Very much so!  Thanks for the string settings tips, too.  I hadn't thought of that.  Mine are 70, 60, 60, 60, 100, 100 now FWIW.  Sounding good now, guys.  Thanks!

#342 wolbai

wolbai

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

Very much so!  Thanks for the string settings tips, too.  I hadn't thought of that.  Mine are 70, 60, 60, 60, 100, 100 now FWIW.  Sounding good now, guys.  Thanks!

I ended up now pretty similar to you on the string volume: 60-60-60-60-100-100.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THE RETROMANIAC

Gear: JTV 59, JTV 69, JTV 89F, Godin Progression, Godin Seagull, Gibson Les Paul Deluxe, POD/HD500, DT50/212, DT50/Head, Marshall JVMC212, RIVERA Rockcrusher, Radial JDX Reactor
website: http://www.soundclick.com/wolbai  Band: http://www.jump-backtorock.de/

#343 offashead

offashead

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

Well I have just spent an hour or so on the guitar and that Strat 2 and 4 sounds like a Strat to me. It has spank, sparkle and I reckon it sounds better than 1.9. Like I said earlier, the guitar is now a vast improvement on 1.9. I have found that although first impressions of the Ric 12 were good and better than the previous version, there is still if not as much strangeness in the notes. The only box I have had that could come close to a 12 string was a Yamaha magic stomp and it was made in the 90's, very difficult to emulate a 12 string electric.

I have not connected to the workbench so I have no idea whether the bug has been fixed, but this guitar in position 2 and 4 sounds fine to me as do all of the other models including the Ric 12. I have always liked brighter sounding guitars so maybe it's just personal taste, it  sounds like a real guitar and plays like one too. I'm happy.

#344 wolbai

wolbai

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

Well I have just spent an hour or so on the guitar and that Strat 2 and 4 sounds like a Strat to me. It has spank, sparkle and I reckon it sounds better than 1.9. Like I said earlier, the guitar is now a vast improvement on 1.9. I have found that although first impressions of the Ric 12 were good and better than the previous version, there is still if not as much strangeness in the notes. The only box I have had that could come close to a 12 string was a Yamaha magic stomp and it was made in the 90's, very difficult to emulate a 12 string electric.

I have not connected to the workbench so I have no idea whether the bug has been fixed, but this guitar in position 2 and 4 sounds fine to me as do all of the other models including the Ric 12. I have always liked brighter sounding guitars so maybe it's just personal taste, it  sounds like a real guitar and plays like one too. I'm happy.

Hi offashead,

no need to change anything as long as you are fine with the sound on FW 2.0 ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THE RETROMANIAC

Gear: JTV 59, JTV 69, JTV 89F, Godin Progression, Godin Seagull, Gibson Les Paul Deluxe, POD/HD500, DT50/212, DT50/Head, Marshall JVMC212, RIVERA Rockcrusher, Radial JDX Reactor
website: http://www.soundclick.com/wolbai  Band: http://www.jump-backtorock.de/

#345 Junis

Junis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

yesterday was my second gig as the new models, and my perceptions were:
Strings And B in the strat really have much lower volume, the tele with humbucking, 2 and 4 are very good, the models generally became more treble, the P90 much improved

#346 davemed

davemed

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

I tried for the last hour to connect to Monkey and it wont go through/connect.  I connected my guitar via the cables it came with and the USB box was not recognized.  This process is not intuitive.  Very frustrated.  Maybe I will just live with the models it came with.  Sad that I do not have the option to even try.  Im not an idiot, and my internet is fine, so something is wrong with Line 6, my guitar, or something on your end.  I updated when I 1st got the guitar and it all went well after the complicated figuring out learning curve happened (like not being explicit about having the guitar connected AND the amp jack plugged in at the same time.

#347 thorneven

thorneven

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Location"Upstate" New York

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:11 AM

I tried for the last hour to connect to Monkey and it wont go through/connect.  I connected my guitar via the cables it came with and the USB box was not recognized.  This process is not intuitive.  Very frustrated.  Maybe I will just live with the models it came with.  Sad that I do not have the option to even try.  Im not an idiot, and my internet is fine, so something is wrong with Line 6, my guitar, or something on your end.  I updated when I 1st got the guitar and it all went well after the complicated figuring out learning curve happened (like not being explicit about having the guitar connected AND the amp jack plugged in at the same time.

If you let us know the exact steps you took, we can help you better.

JTV59 cherry sunburst / Vetta 2 / Behringer FCB1010

#348 toasterdude

toasterdude

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

I am sorry I did not post this sooner but in the past when I have had issues updating FW with Monkey, I DL the FW and then do an update from file rather than monkey DLing and burning new FW at the same time. It usually helps a bit.

#349 davemed

davemed

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

Was able to connect today.  Not sure if rebooting was necessary or just LIne 6 website wasnt working last night.  It made me register my serial number and then....Updating now.  I hope I like the outcome.

#350 psarkissian

psarkissian

Line 6 Staff

• Service Engineer Moderator
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

1/4" plug is in, okay.

The Battery is in too?

Green LED's on both ends of the JTV interface box?

Having the 1/4" plug into the jack engages the battery. If the volt should sag or the data gets interrupted,

then the update won't complete. Engaging the battery helps keep the line up as added insurance.

And registering the serial number is a good start,... easy thing to overlook.

-P.B. Sarkissian

#351 LarryLion

LarryLion

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCaledon, Ontario

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

Not a fan of Spank 2 and 4 either, not enough "Knopfler like" to my taste

I kept the pickups and changed the body. Not an authentic Strat anymore, but I prefer that sound.

I uploaded a quick demo here, with stock and custom models, and custom tunings :

I really like your "Strat" Sounds. Care to post those models?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Larry d'Lion

2012 Line 6 JTV-69

Plus lots of Tele's, Gretsches,

Mesa Boogie amps, Fender Blues Jr.,

... and lots of acoustic stuff

#352 jefflynyrd

jefflynyrd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

very impressive tones fremen! post them tones?

#353 fremen

fremen

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yes, right click, save as :

http://pages.intnet....DR_24.08.13.bun

#354 jefflynyrd

jefflynyrd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:47 AM

What are you playin' thru? While I get some nice tones, they don't seem that nice. On the acoustic patches I go thru my little behringer amp Great 6 string tones but I can't get that horrible pitch shifting warble sound out!!!! I have the JTV59, Pod HD500 and the DT25... Thanks

#355 fremen

fremen

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

I play through an Axe Fx II, with a preset for all acoustic tones, and another one for all the others

#356 Junis

Junis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:01 AM

Hi fremen , is possible you share your eqs for acustic patchs? frequencies and etc? thanks

I play through an Axe Fx II, with a preset for all acoustic tones, and another one for all the others

#357 fremen

fremen

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

Axe is packed up for a rehearsal, but I will. Except that for the tonematch block, it won't be possible ;) maybe a screenshot ?

#358 Junis

Junis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

yes , it can be, i just woul like to see the frequencies that you cut or boost , did you already try these patchs acustics in any PA?

Axe is packed up for a rehearsal, but I will. Except that for the tonematch block, it won't be possible ;) maybe a screenshot ?

#359 psarkissian

psarkissian

Line 6 Staff

• Service Engineer Moderator
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

jefflynyrd,

"Warble" is usually a sign that the pick-up height needs adjusting, the magnetic field is pulling on the string and affecting the signal.

-psarkissian

#360 ozbadman

ozbadman

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1689 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

jefflynyrd,

"Warble" is usually a sign that the pick-up height needs adjusting, the magnetic field is pulling on the string and affecting the signal.

-psarkissian

An interesting idea. That could explain why some of us are not hearing the warble and some of us are. Or at least, it's worse for some of us than others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users