Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix looper bug?

ur2funky

I tend to use the looper in 1/2 speed mode to get the longer time.   Problem is while playing a loop and you change patches while in half speed, it jumps to full speed.  Chipmunk style.

Any work around for this?  Where I can report this issue?

Thanks-

edited for clarification 

If the other patch doesn't have a looper, the loop stops and is lost.

So each patch has a looper.  The jump to full speed sounds like The Chipmunks.  Seems like a glitch. 

Is it possible to have loopers saved to half speed in your patches?

Thanks for the help.  I tried it, no luck.  When you reboot Helix the 1/2 speed setting doesn't save.

Then the first recorded loop does the double speed thing.  Then record a new loop and after that, it will work.  Strange.  

Unless you cycle the '1/2-FULL' footswitch back and forth while the Loop is stopped, record a new 1/2 Speed loop, and then it's back to doing the double speed chipmunk when changing presets.  

Stop the loop, change presets. Then the Looper will back to working normal, if you record a new loop.

This is between two identical presets.  And I try it with other presets, same thing.

No glitch using FULL speed loops.

I tend to use the looper in 1/2 speed mode to get the longer time.   Problem is while playing a loop and you change patches while in half speed, it jumps to full speed.  Chipmunk style.

Any work around for this?  Where I can report this issue?

Thanks-

edited for clarification 

It sounds like this is not the issue as you said it happens with two identical presets but thought I would ask anyway -- are the loopers in the same position, for example, the last block in the preset in both presets? If not, I wonder if this could cause it. If you have not done it already, there is always the nuclear option of saving off your presets/setlists and doing a global reset to make sure nothing got wonky from your last firmware update.  Or... it sounds like this may be a bug or an unwelcome "feature" in the looper from your description.