Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording with AMPLIFi 30 [ ?!?!? ]

Dtothe8

Hi,

I was wondering about how I can record with the AMPLIFi 30, I'm going to buy.

There's no output! 

I can use the headphones output, of course. But.......

On the quickstart manual it's written the USB input is for future use........

may somebody help me, please?

thanks a lot for any answer 

I'm not to sure to be honest, I'm relatively new to the Amplifi myself.

I just know that I've come across threads on here about the same thing.

I'm sure someone else with more knowledge will answer shortly.

Or maybe try the search button in the meantime.

thanks, Uber Guru! 

then, it will not interfere with the asio driver of my USB audio interface (Steinberg UR22)? it will be just another one on the inputs window?

so the USB is now officially an output? Do I have to take care to buy a new AMPLIFi 30 or it will just be needed to update it?

excuse me for all the questions but you're an expert. I take the chance ;)

thanks again!

It should not interfere with your Steinberg UR22’s drivers, however, with ASIO you can only use one device at a time.  

Not sure which firmware they are shipping with, but if it is not current you just need to update it.

Best would be to check the return policy just in case you aren’t happy with the AMPLIFi.

• Upvote 1

It should not interfere with your Steinberg UR22’s drivers, however, with ASIO you can only use one device at a time.  

Not sure which firmware they are shipping with, but if it is not current you just need to update it.

Best would be to check the return policy just in case you aren’t happy with the AMPLIFi.

Hi. I cannot get my Mac to recognize my amplifi 75. I'd like to play around with some tracks, specifically in Garage Band. Many posts and on line videos state that you just hook up the amp to your computer using usb, which I did and the Mac and Garage Band automatically sees there is a device. But it is only reading the sound from the internal mic. Any suggestions? Thanks

Jim

You have to download the driver for Windows. Mac doesn't need a driver. When you connect the Amplifi to your computer the Amplifi becomes your audio interface. You can hear whatever is playing back from your DAW as well as the input from the guitar.

You have to download the driver for Windows. Mac doesn't need a driver. When you connect the Amplifi to your computer the Amplifi becomes your audio interface. You can hear whatever is playing back from your DAW as well as the input from the guitar.

The problem is my Mac does not recognize any new audio interface when I hook up the Amplifi. So what should I do?

Jim

I'm not sure but it could be the version of MacOS you are using. It has to be MacOSX 10.7 or above.

I'm using El Capitan it's the newest OS they make! I've tried 2 cables, both work fine on other devices and I've tried connecting to 3 different USB ports on the computer itself! Nothing. Line 6 asked the same questions but no real solution!

Jim