Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Clip you've likely seen and 2 questions

suckamc

I already posted that on the FB group, so I'm likely just spamming you. If you're not in the FB group...well, it's a cool group!

But my questions are: if I were to make the preset available, would I just attach it to this thread? Also, do people tend to tweak presets into a more normal form prior to publishing them? Mine has plenty of quirks that wouldn't carry over to what others do, not the least of which is a 3rd party IR. (That clip uses the helix for effects only, although the preset has an amp in the chain.) Part of me thinks people will get the preset and think, "what is this crap?" Shouldn't I make it more universally-applicable and, for example, cut out my effects loops?
  • Upvote 2

Hey, presets aside, nice playing, and not just the solo stuff, your backing behind the singer is very tasteful and cool. Nice work.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of guitar is that? Doesn't look familiar.

It wouldn't hurt to tweak it a little before putting it on CustomTone.  At least make sure it's usable.  I've downloaded several that wouldn't work initially due to an enabled effects loop or unusual input or output setting (ex. input set to Aux or output set to XLR).  Or at least provide a detailed explanation when you do post it.  There are numerous presets posted there that use IR's and most of them just tell you which IR they used.  Some even include a download link for the IR if it's a free one.

A heart wrenching but beautiful song played with exquisite feeling. Thanks for sharing, I'm saving a link to this one. I love the guitar, the tone and the playing, but that Hammond Organ is made in Heaven. And that voice, what can I say. Stunning comes to mind.