Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wet/Dry rig with HD500X

cclement

Hey all,

I just got hip to the whole Wet/Dry rig via That Pedal Show:

Just curious if anybody out there in POD land is doing this, and having any success with it. I'm curious about trying it with my two Alto TS10As.

Thoughts?

Just curious if anybody out there in POD land is doing this, and having any success with it. I'm curious about trying it with my two Alto TS10As.  Thoughts?

I've set up a few patches this way to run through my Flextone XL 2X12 stereo rig with my Helix.  It definitely has a different flavor to straight out stereo.  I think it works great for something like that.  You would send the dry guitar tone to one monitor and the wet tone to the other. If you don't keep your Alto's side by side though you may not like it when they are spread apart.  The advantage is the FOH gets 2 feeds keeping your guitar tone clear and he can blend effects as needed without having to worry about panning.

You can also try sending the amp tone without any wet effects in mono centered and send your stereo wet effects separately panned wide.  Both signals go to both monitors.  That would keep the amp tone distinct in the middle and let you blend in the effects as desired giving you wet/dry/wet.

Do you ever go through a PA?  Typically they're resistant to panning on the FOH since the effect is only viable for the people in the center of the room and sounds horrible to people on the sides.

99% of the time... no. Most places I end up playing have a VERY limited PA, and really only have room for the 4 vocal mics (all of us sing in the band) and maybe the kick drum. Nothing but fun, but dive-y bars for us ;)

If you don't keep your Alto's side by side though you may not like it when they are spread apart.  The advantage is the FOH gets 2 feeds keeping your guitar tone clear and he can blend effects as needed without having to worry about panning.

For most gigs (which are fewer and farther between), I just bring the one Alto.. and it's on an speaker stand at ear height. This gives me good projection out in to the audience - since I almost never have the luxury of going into a PA. But I've been thinking of bring both, and stacking them on top of each other. Less footprint than the speaker stand. If I switch to the stacked option... I wouldn't have any issues with spread or "separation."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1