Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Momentary 2nd Expression Pedal Pod Hd500?

xxrocketmanxx

I had an idea that im trying to figure out how to implement. The 2nd expression pedal on the HD500 lets you control effects slowly by moving the pedal back and forth from 0% to 100%. Is there any type of switch that is momentary that i can make or buy and put in the spot of exp ped 2 that is at 0% but when pressed goes to 100% immediately? This would be awesome for setting up a whammy and tapping it to make it go up 2 octaves instantly like the whammy DT from digitech. Or setting up a volume pedal and using it as a killswitch. Possiblities are endless!

Would something like this work? http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=57

Any help would be appreciated!

Cool idea and should be doable although I think you'll have to build it. I'm pretty sure the expression pedal works on voltage resistance (like with a guitar tone pot) so you'd probably have to wire the switch to some kind of resistor that hits the two expression pedal points (or at least off/full resistance). A cool feature you could include would be a sweep knob that controls the percentage point that it toggles between. I always wished I was better with electronics so I could build stuff like this.

• Upvote 1

As the expression pedal needs a potemtiometer from 0 to 10k, you can build a switch which bypasses on one position. On the other it has a 10k resistor.

_____10k___

°------------X___________|---------°

You could wire a pot through one side of an unlatching DPDT switch(if you can find one), and run a jumper across the other pole.  Works like a regular footswitch, but runs the control signal through the pot(or resistor) when you step on it, then returns to 0 ohms when you release.  I would use a pot rather than a resistor, so that you can set the momentary resistance to anywhere in the range that you want, rather than being locked into one value.  

Since the Min and Max is programmable, seems that a pot would be sorta moot..Here's an SPST Momentary....

http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PPP&Product_Code=9014&Category_Code=SWI

They have just about whatever you would need for a little project like this. My opinion is use a resistor and program the min max in the patch...Apply the KISS principal ;).

R3FX (you'll have to google for his site) does a mod to the HD500 that puts on an extra switch that does exactly that.  It's called the "double preset mod" which is a confusing name, but is (I think) what you want.  

I was going to ask him if he could repurpose the looper switch on mine as it's a waste of a button for me.