Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I send 2 or more MIDI PC message using only one switch?

lokimoto

Guys, maybe someone here can help me with this  'problem'.

is there a way to configure a switch to send 2 different PC messages to MIDI devices?

For example, I use Eventide H9 and Korg A2 in Helix' loops, and for a certain preset I need to recall preset number 75 from Korg A2 and 11 from Eventide.

I just could set one individual switch for each device. 

Is there a way to put all together?

thanks in advance!

Leo

If you are looking to have the H9 and A2 presets loaded when the Helix patch is loaded, you can do that easily by using the Instant Commands. In the Command Center, assign the relevant MIDI CC or PC commands to two of the lightning bolts. When the Helix preset is loaded, those commands will fire off and load up the presets in the H9 and A2.

However, if you want to do that from a footswitch, there is no way to fire off two commands at once - you'd have to use two footswitches.

You will also need to assign the two external device to different midi channels and target your commands accordingly. Otherwise both devices will respond to both commands, and the second command will rule both devices.

If you are looking to have the H9 and A2 presets loaded when the Helix patch is loaded, you can do that easily by using the Instant Commands. In the Command Center, assign the relevant MIDI CC or PC commands to two of the lightning bolts. When the Helix preset is loaded, those commands will fire off and load up the presets in the H9 and A2.

However, if you want to do that from a footswitch, there is no way to fire off two commands at once - you'd have to use two footswitches.

I will try that later. I have another doubt: when I am in the preset screen, when I call the preset using a footswitch (example preset 75 from Korg A2), the screen goes to the Command Center. Is it correct to work this way? Then If I want to go back to the preset screen, I have to press the HOME button. Not a real problem, but an annoying one!

You will also need to assign the two external device to different midi channels and target your commands accordingly. Otherwise both devices will respond to both commands, and the second command will rule both devices.

THe MIDI channels are set correctly. But thanks for the remind.

Just to clarify - you have programmed a footswitch to send off the MIDI command. Now when you use the footswitch, the display shifts to the command centre (instead of staying on the home screen)?

That seems odd. I've got a few presets set up to use footswitches to send off MIDI CCs, and have not experienced that behaviour. Are you on the latest firmware? (That's a wild guess. I got nothing else,)

Just to clarify - you have programmed a footswitch to send off the MIDI command. Now when you use the footswitch, the display shifts to the command centre (instead of staying on the home screen)? 

That seems odd. I've got a few presets set up to use footswitches to send off MIDI CCs, and have not experienced that behaviour. Are you on the latest firmware? (That's a wild guess. I got nothing else,)

Just to clarify - you have programmed a footswitch to send off the MIDI command. Now when you use the footswitch, the display shifts to the command centre (instead of staying on the home screen)?  - YES, exactly that!

I am running 1.10v. But this happens with most of the patches I created, but not to all. 

I must've missed something when setting the MIDI messages....

I will try that later. I have another doubt: when I am in the preset screen, when I call the preset using a footswitch (example preset 75 from Korg A2), the screen goes to the Command Center. Is it correct to work this way? Then If I want to go back to the preset screen, I have to press the HOME button. Not a real problem, but an annoying one!

Are you playing barefoot? If you have a Command Center command assigned to a footswitch, touching the footswitch with bare skin jumps to that item, whether it's on the Home screen (block bypass), Controller Assign screen (footswitch-as-controller), or Command Center (MIDI/CV/Amp command). This is by design, and means any assignment is a touch away.

You can disable capacitive touch by turning Global Settings > Footswitches > Touch Select off.

If you're wearing normal shoes and Helix still jumps to the Command Center screen, something's up.

Are you playing barefoot? If you have a Command Center command assigned to a footswitch, touching the footswitch with bare skin jumps to that item, whether it's on the Home screen (block bypass), Controller Assign screen (footswitch-as-controller), or Command Center (MIDI/CV/Amp command). This is by design, and means any assignment is a touch away. - WELL, NOT WITH BARE SKIN, BUT WITH SOCKS. TRIED USING ANY KIND OF SHOE AND DIDNOT HAPPEN AGAIN. I WILL PAY MORE ATTENTION TO THAT - THANKS FOR THE TIP!

You can disable capacitive touch by turning Global Settings > Footswitches > Touch Select off.

If you're wearing normal shoes and Helix still jumps to the Command Center screen, something's up.