Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV 59 on the way.......

Sweetwater finally got some of the black ones in stock an I picked up a scratch and dent for $799. Couldn't see any flaws in the pics, but we will see when it arrives.

So now I will have the JTV,-59 the Helix and the DT50 for live gigs along with my Japanese ESPs.

I already love the Helix and the DT50 (as well as my Egnater Vengeance and other amps) so this will just add another dimension to what I can do live.

Now to dial in the acoustic tones I'm looking for out of this for a live situation.......

Congratulations Jughaid on your purchase of the JTV-59! I've purchased mine back April (I think) and I love it. I just love the ability to sound and play almost anything of any genre of music. I wish you many days of sheer enjoyment!

Thanks!

I got it last week and didn't have much time over the weekend to play with it but spent a few hours with it between thursday and today and have dialed in some great tones with this thing. I had to adjust a few patches based on the pickups (using Lester and 89 bridge for a lot fo my heavier tones)) as opposed to EMG's or Duncans, but it's been a breeze to get really terrific tones and I love being able to switch from a fire breathing Engl or Bogner to a 12 string acoustic or sitar instantly.

This is really going to change how I can do things live and gives me the opportunity to replicate a lot of stuff on our album live that I couldn't before.

And the guitar itself is good quality IMO.  It's from World factory in korea and I have a few Schecters that I really like that were built there so I am not surprised. Is i as nice as my high end ESP Custom shop guitars?.....no. But it's damn good.