Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem With POD HD 400

HelioJunior1906

Hi people!

I have a HD 400 for about a year now, and it began to act... strange...

What is going on is: There are a few buttons that just doesnt work or work as it where another button

The "Bank Up" when is pressed act's as if the "Bank Down" imediatly after it, and the bank just does not go up (Some times it goes Donw 1 bank :0 )

The FX Only button isn't working, when I press it the POD enters the save mode, as if I had pressed the save button, the save button is working fine

The LEFT button (Close to the presets Knob) doesn't go left, sometimes it just doesn't move anything or goes to the RIGHT!

The last thing is the "C" bank Footswitch doesn't move to the C bank, when pressed once the POD alternates between the B, C and then stops at the D bank, if you press it an keep it pressed the POD enters the Tunner, the Tunner Footswitch work's just fine...

And some times it all happens... Very rarelly I power down the POD and then power it up and everything is solved, very rare...

Will this be a hardware problem? Can it be fixed? Or my POD is moving to it's last days in earth? :(

• 2 weeks later...

could you tell me if the problem is solved ??

"" The LEFT button (Close to the presets Knob) doesn't go left, sometimes it just doesn't move anything or goes to the RIGHT! The last thing is the "C" bank Footswitch doesn't move to the C bank, when pressed once the POD alternates between the B, C and then stops at the D bank, if you press it an keep it pressed the POD enters the Tunner, the Tunner Footswitch work's just fine... And some times it all happens... Very rarelly I power down the POD and then power it up and everything is solved, very rare... ""

i ve got similar problem on the HD500...

i opened support ticket but my problem is run always actualy...

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I finally solved my problems.
I unsettled everything and coated the printed circuit as well as the buttons of navigation with a cleaner contact...
go in test mode to verify everything / expression pedal calibration and put back the lastest firmware another time.

waiting few minutes and all works good !!!

i think it was a problem with the nav buttons (left) wich put the pod in RAZ mode each time of ignition...

my warranty was down so DO NOT the same thing if your warranty is OK.

• 5 years later...