Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X as voice processor and guitar processor at the same time

black_JazzGuitar

Can I use the POD HD500X as voice processor and guitar processor at the same time? What I mean: 1 preset for the voice and a different one for the guitar? Is that possible in some way? In the case it is, could you tell me how? I can't find a way to do this, maybe is because it can't be done. Thanks

Select Guitar Input for signal path A. Select Mic Input for signal path B. Keep the two signal paths separate throughout the whole signal chain. You can put Guitar FX in path A and Voice FX in path B, turning them on/off as you wish. Youcan then use the mixer to pan the two paths L/R if you want them to come out different connectors. Does that sound like what you want? Two independent signal paths?

Yes, you can use both at the same time. But to answer the question as it was asked: 

No, you cannot simultaneously use one patch for vocals and one patch for guitar. You would need to make one patch that uses them both at the same time. 

• 3 years later...
54 minutes ago, fivkix said:

How would you recommend to process the voice signal I have tried stuff but I amnot happy with it, any recommendation  about of using or not an amp model??

ultimately, it is trial and error

twist the knobs until it sounds good

1 hour ago, fivkix said:

How would you recommend to process the voice signal I have tried stuff but I amnot happy with it, any recommendation  about of using or not an amp model??

Avoid as hell amp models for the voice, unless you are doing an horror movie sound track..

First thing, set the right amount of mic pre-amping to get a good signal level but avoiding unwanted distortion by setting accordingly the mic level control small knob located in the rear panel..

In the dedicated-to-the-voice-parallel-path or in the dedicated-only-to-the-voice-patch/preset put a LA studio compressor, then a Vintage pre-amp, then a Studio EQ, and finally some Reverb..

Tweak the blocks parameters as needed for your particular voice/mic..

You should be ready to go quite easily.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips