Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How does bluetooth work exactly?

yuppicide

You know, when I got the Amplifi 75 it was a lollipop to get it updated and when I finally did I had bluetooth connection issues. I haven't been to the forums in awhile, because the problems sorted itself out.

First off, how is the amplifier supposed to work? Am I supposed to turn the amp on and open the app and it connects to the amp automatically?

It used to try and connect by itself through the Android app. I'd open up the app and it would keep trying usually unsuccessfully. I think it tried 3 times and gave up or something. It would do this by itself as soon as I opened the app.

The other thing that used to happen is let's say I would get it to work and play for a bit and forget to turn the amp off and walk away. Or let's say I get frustrated because it doesn't work and I walk away. Either way I forget to turn the amp off and walk away.. let's say I take my cell phone in the bathroom to play YouTube while I shower.. out of nowhere I'd have no sound in the bathroom and I'd hear music coming out of my bedroom! Could be 30 seconds into a song, or 3 minutes, seemed random. It didn't even pop up the little connection message.. just all of the sudden switches to bluetooth speaker mode.

Also when the bluetooth did work, I was getting frequently randomly disconnected.

There have been no Android or firmware updates and out of nowhere it stopped trying to automatically connect and all my problems went away.

What happens now is the amp turns on sometimes the blue light slowly flashes, sometimes it doesn't come on at all.. and does nothing when I open the Android app. The sequence of events I use is: press the bluetooth button on the amp to get it flashing rapidly, press settings, device selection, select the amp, hit OK at the message that pops up, wait 7 seconds or so, and boom it works.

Since that time I never ever get any disconnects anymore. It never randomly turned on my bluetooth speaker mode, etc. Amp works 100% now with no issues. Just annoying to have to go through all the presses to connect it. Especially annoying if I accidentally back out of the app and have to do it all over again.

I usually turn the Amp on,then open the app on my tablet and it connects after a short while.

If I ever get any connection issues,I usually unpair the amp on my tablet and then pair again. All is good then.

I usually turn the Amp on,then open the app on my tablet and it connects after a short while.

If I ever get any connection issues,I usually unpair the amp on my tablet and then pair again. All is good then.

I think the forums have something to do with breaking the amp LOL. No sooner did I come here and post this topic, now I have connection issues again.

Tonight it disconnected after a few minutes like 5 times. In order to get it to work again I had to turn off the amp and turn it back on and go through my whole process again.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have to pair something for it to work with the amp?

I mentioned earlier that out of nowhere music starts playing from my cell phone to the amp.

Well, now out of nowhere my computer sound starts coming out of the amp. I have a wireless headset. The Corsair Void SE Wireless.

It doesn't do it all the time and I can't figure any way to stop it other than turning off the amp.

Usually I'll listen to a song on YouTube or a guitar lesson while playing. But now I can't hear anything because the headset's on and the amp is playing instead.

Do you have to pair something for it to work with the amp?

I mentioned earlier that out of nowhere music starts playing from my cell phone to the amp.

Well, now out of nowhere my computer sound starts coming out of the amp. I have a wireless headset. The Corsair Void SE Wireless.

It doesn't do it all the time and I can't figure any way to stop it other than turning off the amp.

Usually I'll listen to a song on YouTube or a guitar lesson while playing. But now I can't hear anything because the headset's on and the amp is playing instead.

It sounds like two things are happening: 1) you have several BT and wireless devices competing for signal bandwidth that are cancelling each other out. The Amplifi 's connection may be the weakest. And 2) you are trying to stream music from your device outside the remote app. You cannot do both simultaneously by my experience. When you leave the app and start using a different app or program on the phone or device, it easily stops syncing via BT.

Disable all other BT devices nearby including the connection to a personal computer or laptop. Try using hard wired headphones. Use the process of elimination. Bluetooth is an extremely narrow spectrum. It is easily disrupted.

Jim

I am not trying to stream anything! I don't stream music ever.

The headset doesn't say it's bluetooth. It just says 2.4Ghz. But I would imagine it is because it only goes like 30 feet or so before it loses connection.

When I first got the amp it never happened with the headset.. it only started doing this recently. Thing is there's nowhere to go and unpair the headset, because I never paired it in the first place.

They should have an option in the Amplifi software to disable "Audio Playback". That will solve my problem. I will never use it.