8 replies to this topic

#1 swing_girl

swing_girl

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

I am very happy with the improvement in sounds with the hd upgrade and I felt that the acoustics sounded better too (especially the 12 strings); however, someone on this forum said the acoustic models have not been changed at all. Have I been tricked by myself?

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5517 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

The acoustic models were updated to HD in the 1.82 firmware. Whether or they changed at in the 2.0 update is a matter of discussion at the moment. If they did change it was more in way of tweaking them not completely remodeling them.
Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#3 swing_girl

swing_girl

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

Thanks for reply. I upgraded from 1.7 so they sound better to me :-)

#4 lilguitar

lilguitar

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

All I know is that the 12-string sounds a hellava lot better than the last time I played it.

#5 Ruttster

Ruttster

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSouth Eastern United States

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

Yeah, it could very well be my imagination but the acoustic models seem to be a bit cleaner with less high end hiss. I am enjoying this update. I personally think it's a big improvement!

#6 guitar4u

guitar4u

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

I'm completely convinced that the acoustic models have been reworked since the last FW update. They sound great to me!

#7 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15543 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

I don't know the real answer... but i'm convinced that the underlying HD engine optimizations and the improved pitch shifting etc (evidenced by the 12 strings...) is the source of any improvement... 

#8 swing_girl

swing_girl

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

I'm completely convinced that the acoustic models have been reworked since the last FW update. They sound great to me!

Me too, I find the sound 'tighter' now and it seems that there is less 'ambiance' than before so it is clearer.

I don't know about others, but the HD upgrade improved the models to the point that the guitar seems to feel different to me :-)

#9 stevekc

stevekc

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Thought Id share this tip from a fellow Tyler Variax HD user

http://www.vguitarfo...g66784#msg66784

Heres a tip ive posted elsewhere in regards to the JTV and new firmware.

It gives you 2 additional bonus acoustic guitars. [with the new Tyler Variax HD 2.0 firmware] You actually could do this trick in the past version of Workbench in a somewhat convoluted manner, but the new version makes it very easy.

Take the two acoustic 12 string bodies and turn off the parallel tuning option in workbench. Save each to a custom bank and you now have 2 additional acoustic guitars that are different from the other 3 6 string acoustic bodies.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: variax hd upgrade, acoustic, 12 strings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users