3 replies to this topic

#1 swing_girl

swing_girl

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

I recently bought a DT50 112, love the sound and feel but the noise / hum when even nothing is plugged in is very annoying. It is about as loud as a window air conditioner working hard. Since I live in a place where the shops do not do exchange or refund, I have to live with it or sell it, which I don't want to as I like the sound. Is there any way to deal with this noise? I am plugging it in the wall with no other electric appliances nearby.

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15516 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

you might try swapping out the tubes... i've heard that can make a big difference in how quiet the amp is.

#3 Crusty_Old_Rocker

Crusty_Old_Rocker

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5112 posts
  • LocationGold Coast - Australia

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

Try taking it somewhere else and plug it in. Try a few different locations because this will let you know if it's the amp or the environment it's that's creating the problem. You may just need a power filter.

Cheers,

Crusty

#4 spaceatl

spaceatl

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4673 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

I changed the 12AX7s in my DT50 to using a GT-SAGAX7 for the inverter and a Mesa SPAX7 for the buffer...Dramatic difference. I have not had very good luck with those EH 12AX7s that come stock...They always seem to be quite noisy...At least the ones I have gotten have been.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dt50, noise, hum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users