Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Which inputs on L2t/L2m do I use for Kemper?

Hello,

I have a Kemper Profiling Amp on the way, and already have an L2t and an L2m. I am basically just looking for the best way to use these as my FRFR guitar rig - mostly just used to play at home. However, I've looked over the forums and manual to try and understand which way I should be hooking them up and I'm a bit confused. Here are the possibilities I've gathered so far:

1. Use the main L/R XLR outs from the Kemper going into the back Line Inputs of the L2s (for example, L out to the L2t; R out to the L2m).
  2. Use the main L/R XLR outs from the Kemper going into the side mixer inputs on the L2t, setting the stereo link switch (just for easier controls), then using the L6 link on the back to chain over to the L2m.

Is any of this right? Is there a "best" way to reproduce all of the Kemper tones? Also, does having the speakers in the horizontal floor monitor position affect stereo or anything?

Thanks!

TM

I personally would just go L/R XLR directly into the Line input of each speaker and set the main volume to the centre indent (12 oclock) and controlling everything from the Kemper (not that I have one of those) - the main benefit of using the side input + L6 Link is to get EQ controls but the Kemper has that already so it is just adding in additional controls that are an extra risk for getting set to the wrong position.

Having the speaker in monitor mode can definitely set the speakers into Mono as it is assumed that a monitor should include both sides of the mix - I have seen this myself and listened to it change as I put the speakers onto their sides, but you will be fine if you feed each speaker directly because each speaker is only getting the L or R signal anyway. I think that if you override the sensor triggered Monitor setting back to PA/Reference that it overrides the mono mix as well, so you can try that as well.