Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x Tuner - 425Hz ???

Jean92

I've had my HD500x for about 1 month now and I'm getting more and more comfortable with it.  The only issue I've encountered is the onboard tuner.  If I plug my guitar which is already perfectly tuned in 440 (using separate tuner) into the pod, it shows the notes as being a half-step down (Eb, Ab,etc...) !?!   I double checked and the pod is correctly set to 440Hz.   If I set the onboard tuner to 425Hx, then I will see the correct readings on the tuner !

I did a full reset of the pod and it is at latest firmware.  Tried other guitar with same results.  Also tested on my old XT Live and the tuner readings are fine.

Has anyone else seen this type of issue ?

Thanks!

Make sure the HD tuner is set to 440 and recheck your outboard tuner setting as the actual frequency can be altered up and down on the tuner.

Beg pardon you understand this.

Unless the tuner is absolutely a proper strobe tuner accuracy is effected.

So I guess will depend on the brand of tuner you have.

Check it against other tuners say in a music shop to rule out any differential.

Unless the tuner is absolutely a proper strobe tuner accuracy is effected.

Well according to this handy little converter,

http://newt.phys.unsw.edu.au/music/note/

425 Hz is G# + 40 cents, or a little more than a 1/4 step flat. I've had a million students over the years. I've seen every cheap tuner on earth...never seen one that bad. 60 cents flat is abysmal, but you certainly don't need a strobe tuner to get closer than that. Hell, the $9 clip-on that I bring to lessons is better than that. One (or both, but that's rather unlikely) of his tuners is suffering a glorious malfunction, or is just set incorrectly.

Thanks for the replies !

My separate tuner is fine and set to 440Hz.  If I tune using My XT Live, I get same tuning as the separate tuner.

On my HD500x, I did reset the tuner to 440Hz and the results are still incorrect.

I'll try and get some pictures of what I see on the HD.

I have the same issue with the HD500X tuner, I have a BOSS TU-12EX and a Korg DTR-2 tuner, the Boss and Korg are dead on to each other, when i use the onboard tunner it is off #, yes the onboard pod is set to 440HZ,  I also tune to B, C#, and D, with the same issue. 

Just ran into the same problem this weekend at band practice....I just assumed the bass player was wrong because the POD said I was in tune....but then checked it with her tuner and one on my phone....POD was off about a half step....just ordered a Polytune to put in front of the POD...at least now I'll get silent tuning.