Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume drop when changing patches

JamieCrain

Hi there,

Purchased my Firehawk on the weekend and before doing anything I downloaded and installed the latest firmware. So far so good.

Now it's up to date and I can set up patches easily, but there is a significant volume drop when switching patches for approx 1 second before returning to normal volume. As you can imagine this is very frustrating and must be a bug.

Can anyone advise if this is normal/expected, or what can be done to resolve it?

Are you sure it's 1 second? It used to be that slow for me but since the update it's much less, probably a third of a second at worst and a tenth of a second at best

It would be close. It is a very significant lag and totally ruins the impact of changes patches mid-song. It's as if the signal cuts out. That said, I don't think it happens *every* time. I'll test further and come back.

OK. Firmware is confirmed as 1.20 so it's not that, BUT I have discovered that this problem only happens when switching between the patches I have created. It does not happen to the presets that came loaded with the device. The output levels of the patches are similar.

What could that mean? A bluetooth syncing issue (note I didn't have my phone or iPad running when I tested this time), corrupt patches, or something else?