Photo

Post Your "wishlist" For The Next Update!

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 johnnyayyy

johnnyayyy

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

I haven't tried it on any other models in WB yet.  I submitted a ticket on this flaw (feel free to do the same!).  Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I tried to submit a support ticket this morning but have not yet registered my JTV so the ticket was not allowed - will do so when I register for sure.

#22 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:50 AM

Just ordered my JTV69-S.  I have one of the early 500's and I still play it more than my other "real" guitars. :-) 

I would really like to see "Model Packs" for the JTV.  Not for free of course but like they did with the Pods.  That way we could have more options (maybe at the expense of some we don't use).  It seems like this would be a way to make everyone happy and really expand the capabilities of this fantastic guitar!  I am sure that Line6 has thought about this and for some reason they have not done it.

Comments????

#23 Bobbyl

Bobbyl

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

I'd like an option to load the version 1.9 strat and 335. The HD versions have a more scooped sound that I'm always trying to avoid. The ver 1.9 335 bridge for instance has gobs of creamy low mids that I always want in a 335. The HD one has tons of top endy stuff . It's totally different. I'll stay on ver 1.9 forever before I'll give up the strat neck and 335 bridge.

#24 CSeye

CSeye

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

Here's another request for the nylon string model.

I'd also like to have option to set up bass guitars in the custom banks: A Jazz bass, P-bass, 5 string, even an acoustic.

Bass guitars are an option in the GR-55 even when in guitar mode.

#25 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11096 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

You can do that in Workbench. Experiment with body types and pickups - and just tune every string down a full octave.

I'd also like to have option to set up bass guitars in the custom banks:...

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#26 CSeye

CSeye

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

You can do that in Workbench. Experiment with body types and pickups - and just tune every string down a full octave.

Thanks!  I'll explore that.

#27 swing_girl

swing_girl

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

I have a JTV59, I would like to have an option of using roundwound or flatwound strings for the jazzboxes as well as a L5CES model.  Another wish is a nice nylon string guitar with very little ambiance.  Another wish would be to have more choices of bodies / pickups in the workbench, like a semi hollow telecaster or soapbar pickups.

#28 johnbartus

johnbartus

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:03 AM

The Variax 700 Acoustic has a decent nylon string model (as well as a lot of other acoustic models). It would be nice to be able to trade the Martin O-18 for the nylon string model... or be able to purchase the "Acoustic Model Pack" from the 700 (or new HD versions) as an option like mentioned above. 

John Bartus
Live From The Florida Keys!
PO Box 2523
Marathon Shores, FL 33052

johnbartus_small.jpgjohnbartus2_small.jpg
Variax 600 • Variax 300 • Variax 700 Acoustic • James Tyler Variax JTV-69 & JTV-89 • Pod HD500

#29 CSeye

CSeye

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

The Variax 700 Acoustic has a decent nylon string model (as well as a lot of other acoustic models). It would be nice to be able to trade the Martin O-18 for the nylon string model... or be able to purchase the "Acoustic Model Pack" from the 700 (or new HD versions) as an option like mentioned above. 

Just ordered my JTV69-S.  I have one of the early 500's and I still play it more than my other "real" guitars. :-) 

I would really like to see "Model Packs" for the JTV.  Not for free of course but like they did with the Pods.  That way we could have more options (maybe at the expense of some we don't use).  It seems like this would be a way to make everyone happy and really expand the capabilities of this fantastic guitar!  I am sure that Line6 has thought about this and for some reason they have not done it.

Comments????

A big vote for the "Model Packs" option.

This would allow the individual to load what they actually need for a given project or gig.

I would pay for more acoustic guitars including nylon string models, and basses.

Others will want more bodies, pickups etc.

Then again, I'd  want it all.  :D

#30 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

I would gladly pay for new models that could be downloaded in place of others or in the custom banks!!!!

#31 johnbartus

johnbartus

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

Wow... seems like we're on to something here!  :D

I also would pay to have some of the Acoustic 700 models to load into a Custom bank. That would not suck!

;) 

John Bartus
Live From The Florida Keys!
PO Box 2523
Marathon Shores, FL 33052

johnbartus_small.jpgjohnbartus2_small.jpg
Variax 600 • Variax 300 • Variax 700 Acoustic • James Tyler Variax JTV-69 & JTV-89 • Pod HD500

#32 Bobbyl

Bobbyl

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Model packs of previous firmware anyone? I'd love version 1.9 strat and 335 as they're much darker sounding. The strat sounds like the pickups are loaded down with high a capacitance cable (hendrix, Srv anyone?). Just the way I like my strats.

#33 totoleheron

totoleheron

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

More detailled tone(V2 is on the right way) + a Varitone.
And i would swap my JTV89 for and ES335 shape in the futur. :)
So ES335 shape.

#34 McLenison

McLenison

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

How about a "treble-bleed" feature for the volume control.  For those unfamiliar with the term, it means that as you turn down the volume on a modeled instrument, the tone does not alter.

#35 karmicfreak

karmicfreak

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

I'd love ONE good bass model, optimized for guitar strings (I know I can just detune -12, but it's just ok).  

Nylon string model would be cool. 

I'd love to see model packs of particular artists' guitars.  For example: Dan Auerbach pack with his weird collection of old vintage Harmonies, Danos, and the like.  A Tom Petty (or Jeff Lynne!) pack with his actual axes modeled.  Jimmy Page?  George Harrison?  All of these artists we can get very close to with the onboard sounds, but it would be REALLY cool to get a collection of a particular artist's instruments.  I know it wouldn't be cheap, but who among us wouldn't like to have Eric Clapton's collection of acoustics and electrics as a downloadable pack? 

#36 jefflynyrd

jefflynyrd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Why not just ask line6 to add more guitars into the WB application on the next update. They could put in all those coveted guitars and WE could choose which ones to load into our JTVs!

#37 mickscrill

mickscrill

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:14 AM

Ability to print an EQ on the acoustic models in workbench so when you use them with different systems you have a good start point as the one printed at the moment is awful, Bassy, unbalanced, clanky, brittle etc.

#38 thorneven

thorneven

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Location"Upstate" New York

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

+1 for a classical guitar model.  Maybe call it "Segovia".

JTV59 cherry sunburst / Vetta 2 / Behringer FCB1010

#39 jdenkevitz

jdenkevitz

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

I would gladly pay for new models that could be downloaded in place of others or in the custom banks!!!!

Same, but I would also pay for the capacity to load in pre 1.72 Acoustic guitar models, as well as models from the Acoustic Variax 700. 

Id happily pay $100 for the Acoustic 700's models.

My Band: www.steamtheory.com

My Youtube vids: http://www.youtube.c...y?feature=watch

Also post as "germanicus".

#40 johnnyayyy

johnnyayyy

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

Same, but I would also pay for the capacity to load in pre 1.72 Acoustic guitar models, as well as models from the Acoustic Variax 700. 

Id happily pay $100 for the Acoustic 700's models.

How about starting a "Kickstarter" thingy, goal $1,000,000, each guitarist pays $100, when you get to $1 million you turn the money over to Line6 and say "Here's a million dollars, now give us those acoustic models!"

Terms of the Kickstarter state that in the case Line 6 says no  nobody has to pay the $100. Deal?

Line 6 probably isn't going to spend the time and money to  bring those models to the Variax based on one guy offering $100, but if you can get 100,000 guitarists pledging that kind of money that might get their attention.

And there probably aren't 100,000 people with JTVs, but nothing should stop a person who REALLY wants those acoustic models from donationg more money, right? Maybe one person would be willing to pay $200 for the acoustic models, and another $1000...

I have seen successful Kickstarters based on more ridiculous things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users