Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Post Your "wishlist" For The Next Update!

Also, regarding the many mandolin requests, I have done a credible job with creating my own.  Howeverm the problem is that trying to finger mandolin chords in mandolin tuning on a guitar neck is near impossible.  The reach on a guitar neck is quite daunting when tuning in 5ths.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Ability to split acoustic and electric tone on a POD HD. This would require 2 outputs from the Variax, but it would be really nice if this could happen.

You can do this already, you know... You can run the magnetics into one tone and the modeled acoustic into another in one patch. You can't run two modeled guitars at once on the Variax, though.

• Upvote 1

You can do this already, you know... You can run the magnetics into one tone and the modeled acoustic into another in one patch. You can't run two modeled guitars at once on the Variax, though.

Really? 100% separate? It would be dumb to run the acoustic into an overdriven amp as well.

I'd say maybe do it for models but I'm sure that's too much for the DSP.

Really? 100% separate? It would be dumb to run the acoustic into an overdriven amp as well.

Yep, 100% separate... It's pretty easy with a dual tone on the HD500 (or 500X). This is something you could do from the time the JTV and HD500 were first released. Sean Halley talks about it in this video.

micro tuning for 6 string guitars.

ex. each half step broken into cents for tuning to slightly out of tune recordings etc.

I've got a Floyd on mine.  My tuning is fine.

As for slightly out of tune recordings, I have a slower-downer speeder upper and a pitch change (with no speed change) on the computer already. Why would I NOT want to change the recording on the computer rather than running the guitar out of rig?