Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question regarding volume when switching patches

watch4king

Hey everyone! I'm new here and just got a new Helix to lead electric guitar at church and I'm really excited about it! Been using a Boss GT100 for quite some time but the Helix covers so much ground I made the move!

I do have one question. So far I have only played with the factory presets. I have messed around with some sounds but haven't stored anything yet as I wanted to try all the factory presets on stage first.

So, when I am playing in ANY preset if I turn the volume pedal down to zero (back on the heel) the volume fades to zero but if I press on a different patch the volume goes up to full volume even though the volume pedal is on the zero position. Then if I use the pedal it actuates the volume again and the letter "E" shows up next to the preset name. If I switch patches the "E" disappears and the volume acts up again.

Can anyone tell me what that "E" means and if there is a way to have the volume affect all the presets? Its going to be tough to think the guitar is muted playing live when its not....

Hiya watch4king,   I am still pretty excited about my Helix even though I've had it for over a month now - it just makes me want to play guitar :)

The E means the preset has been edited.. it does this if you move any control, or switch any footswitch on or off (even if you switch one on then off so it's actually exactly the same as before)

You can choose whether you want the Expression pedal setting to be Global (which is what you are wanting to do), or to be recalled with every Preset.

- Press MENU button

- use the Joystick to scroll across to FOOTSWITCHES,

- then use Knob 5 to change EXP PEDAL POSITION to "Global" from "Per Preset" 

Easy when you know how!

• 8 months later...