6 replies to this topic

#1 duranduran

duranduran

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hi guys i'm trying to find a way of sustained a chord (20 seconds) and play over it (hd500)

#2 mralmostpopular

mralmostpopular

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

You could start the looper recording after the initial attack, and cut it off before the sound starts to die off. It might take a little practice, but that should allow the chord to sustain for as long as you want.

#3 pfsmith0

pfsmith0

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

Put a volume control in front of a delay. Rock the volume back while you strum and then rock it foward. You want to feed the delay with only the sustained part of the chord, not the attack. Keep doing this at a rate that keeps the decay from the delay minimal. Usually you can set it up so you only need to strum every few seconds. It'll sound like one hugely long chord as long as you keep your strum volume consistent.

#4 drschultz

drschultz

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

Hi guys i'm trying to find a way of sustained a chord (20 seconds) and play over it (hd500)

Hello, I made a patch to copy David Gilmour's Sound on Sound.  Here is the link on customtone.
http://line6.com/cus...one/tone/222341

Please read the description as it tells you how to operate the foot pedal.  You may have to extend the delay but it should work.

Good luck,

-Dan

#5 chuskey

chuskey

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

I played around with this and the perfect solution for me was to buy an EHX Superego and put it in the FX loop of the HD500.  Not the cheapest solution but the pedal is capable of some really cool sounds that, for me, justified adding it.  

#6 jefflynyrd

jefflynyrd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

Drschultz! That worked perfect! Awesome! And Timing is a factor. Great work! :D

#7 drschultz

drschultz

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

Drschultz! That worked perfect! Awesome! And Timing is a factor. Great work! :D

I am glad it worked for you.  Here is my take on Shine on you crazy diamon, using that patch.
http://www.reverbnat...0-crazy-diamond

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users