#1 nadernader1

nadernader1

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:43 AM

so i need help 

i have tried standard inputs, 4 cable methods, using the my amp's poweramp. using the helix's modeled amp and cabinets

and nothing seems to work all my sounds are pretty much horrible

i am not blaming the helix i have seen countless videos where people come up with amazing tones, and there are many customer reviews about how good the product is, so i am thinking i am the problem.

can someone just guide me into getting a decent tone ? what am i doing wrong here ! should i buy FRFR amp/speakers? 

anything helps because as of now i am completely out of ideas

thanks

#2 roscoe5

roscoe5

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Registered Products:10

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:44 PM

Whew, I got distracted by that Helix vs AX8 forum. I saw no one chimed in yet here, so...

No need to go FRFR right away. I, and many others, use Helix amp or preamp models (no cabs or IR's) into the power amp of our tube amps and guitar cabs.

Looks like the HT-60 has an effects return and resonance and presence knobs.

First I would try a preset with a Helix amp model (no cab), Helix 1/4" left output>HT-60 effects return, then adjust the resonance and presence knobs on the HT-60. On my tube amps, I usually have to set the presence knobs at about 25%-50% up, or 9-12 o'clock, to get a pleasing tone.  Then adjust the Helix global eq if needed.

If it is still not to your liking, try a Helix preamp block, but you will have to turn its level up a bit more to get the same volume.

Once you get all of that sorted out, you can split the signal before the final helix output and put a cab or IR on that for XLR out to the house PA, etc.

#3 sikter

sikter

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:01 PM

This is what I did with help of others in this forum:

http://line6.com/sup...pa/#entry154432

I hope it helps to get you started.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: line 6 helix blackstar ht-60, sounds, effects, support, help