6 replies to this topic

#1 Spitsky

Spitsky

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

Does anyone have any experience using a HyperLink HyperGain HG2415U-PRO antenna with the xd-v70 receiver in order to get more range? I have an xd-v70 and use it to receive across a valley about 300ft wide, so the signal sometimes breaks up. Any suggestions on external antennas to get more range would be greatly appreciated, especially any info on anyone trying out a HyperLink HyperGain HG2415U-PRO 2.4GHz antenna. Thanks, Dave

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

I'm wondering if you've tried a pair of Line 6 P-180s (part no. 98-033-0033, should your local representative need to order them) for directional pick-up aimed across that valley, Dave ?

They work out to be about the same price as a pair of Hyperlink's HG2415U-PRO2 antennae, but I suspect that the P180's combination of cable compensating "head amp" and directionality may yield better performance.

I own four (a pair for each of my four XD-V70 receiver "kits") that regularly grant me over 100 metres of stable coverage from beltpacks fitted to rugby referees.

The only thing they lack compared to those Hyperlink "sticks" is weatherproofing, something I routinely achieve with nothing more complex than "zip-lock" sandwich bags and electrical tape !  

#3 Spitsky

Spitsky

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

Would a P-180 be able to span a gap of 100m?

#4 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Whatever antenna you choose, ...you'll need a pair, one for each "half" of the XD-V70's diversity reception system ...and I forgot to mention that I find such a long range far more easy to achieve with the "older" RF1 than with RF 2. 

...I own four (a pair for each of my four XD-V70 receiver "kits") that regularly grant me over 100 metres of stable coverage from beltpacks fitted to rugby referees...

Edited by RonMarton, 19 August 2013 - 12:23 PM.
Ron M forgot to mention RF1.

#5 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2516 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

I would recommend using directional antennas for maximum distance.  The distance you'll be able to get will depend on local interference and it will be important that you can aim your antenna in the direction of the Line 6 transmitter and hopefully away from any interfering sources.

This might be a good choice  ...  http://www.rfvenue.c.../24-ghz-cp-beam

#6 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

...This might be a good choice  ...  http://www.rfvenue.c.../24-ghz-cp-beam

Great tip, Don...

I've just used RF Venue's "Contact Us" form to get pricing details.

Should they prove affordable, I may organise to get a pair shipped to me, here in Oz.

(I'm even considering trying a diversity arrangement whereby one "half" is a P-180 paddle and the other an RF Venue CP Beam.)

Edited by RonMarton, 19 August 2013 - 12:36 PM.
Ron M forgot to mention a possible diversity experiment.

#7 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2516 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

Great tip, Don...

(I'm even considering trying a diversity arrangement whereby one "half" is a P-180 paddle and the other an RF Venue CP Beam.)

You certainly can "mix and match" should that prove to be the best solution.  Antennas do not necessarily have to match.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hg2415u-pro, antenna, xd-v70

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users