Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

After FW update, are IR's part of Bundle/ Setlist back up ?

electricfactory

Prior to updating the HELIX firmware and Editor I performed a setlist backup and a Bundle backup. When I restore HELIX factory presets I intend to re-import both my saved Bundle and saved Setlist. Will my IR's come along for the ride, or will I need to reload them all into their previous slots, one at a time ?

As I understand it, you'll have to re-load them manually.

And into the same slots, as you mention; the presets contain references to the IR slot #, not the specific IR name etc - so putting them in different slots would give unexpected results.

That's right. Some people rename their IRs to include the slot number in the name, to make it easier to load them back into the location they came from.

So, after backing up, reset and reloading the Bundle there's nothing in the Impulse slots ? Basically HELIX dosen't save impulse responses ?

Found this at the resources page, do I interpret this to mean that reset protocol #2 does not restore the factory bundle ? 

Helix Floorboard

1. Holding footswitch 5+6 on boot restores Global parameters
2. Holding footswitch 7+8 on boot restores presets and setlists—THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL USER PRESETS AND SETLISTS
3. Holding footswitch 8+9 on boot restores presets, setlists, and IRs—THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL USER PRESETS AND SETLISTS
4. Holding footswitch 9+10 on boot restores presets, setlists, globals and IRs (restores factory bundle)—THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL USER PRESETS AND SETLISTS
5. Helix can now restore by clearing only the current preset instead of wiping out all presets. While holding footswitches 11 + 12

6. Helix can now after firmware 1.06.5 enter update manually by holding footswitches 6 + 12

Found this at the resources page, do I interpret this to mean that reset protocol #2 does not restore the factory bundle ?

Helix Floorboard

1. Holding footswitch 5+6 on boot restores Global parameters2. Holding footswitch 7+8 on boot restores presets and setlists—THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL USER PRESETS AND SETLISTS...

What exactly do you mean by the 'factory bundle'? If you mean the presets and setlists that are loaded by Line 6 as the device leaves the factory, then yes protocol #2 restores the factory bundle. If you mean something els (like IRs or default Global settings), then no.

What exactly do you mean by the 'factory bundle'? If you mean the presets and setlists that are loaded by Line 6 as the device leaves the factory, then yes protocol #2 restores the factory bundle. If you mean something els (like IRs or default Global settings), then no.

The way the reset protocols are worded is a little confusing;

- protocol#4 makes mention of the term 'restores factory bundle'

- protocol #2 makes no mention of 'factory bundle'

If I understand correctly you can restore factory presets AND retain your IR list by using reset protocol #2.. is this correct ?

To be clear, I want to

1. restore the factory presets, choosing the ones I want to retain and dragging them to my desktop

2. reload my saved setlist, and Bundle while maintaining my current IR list

3. drag the newly saved factory presets from my desktop back into the HELIX

And as I understand it, bundles don't contain any IRs. Those are exported and imported separately.

Ahh, got it. So, there isn't a re-set protocol that retains your IR list? 'm probably just denser than most but I think it would be helpful if that were stated implicitly in the reset protocols.

Ahh, got it. So, there isn't a re-set protocol that retains your IR list? .....

My understanding is that any existing IRs are retained by using any of the above protocols that do not mention IRs. So that means #1,2 and 5 retain your existing IR list while replacing the other specified elements.

I believe you can do the three-point list you describe by using any protocols except 3 and 4.

Actually, according to this super handy reset options reference on Helix help, "7 & 8 Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs".

Separate question from what is and isn't contained in a bundle. Related though, because you'd probably want to back up "everything" before doing a factory reset. As I understand it, neither IRs nor any global settings are contained in a bundle. IRs you can export and import separately, global settings you have to redo completely manually, i.e., write 'em down or something.

And just to say it, if you've already done the reset, depending on the option you used, your global settings and IRs may already be gone.

Actually, according to this super handy reset options reference on Helix help, "7 & 8 Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs".

Separate question from what is and isn't contained in a bundle. Related though, because you'd probably want to back up "everything" before doing a factory reset. As I understand it, neither IRs nor any global settings are contained in a bundle. IRs you can export and import separately, global settings you have to redo completely manually, i.e., write 'em down or something.

And just to say it, if you've already done the reset, depending on the option you used, your global settings and IRs may already be gone.

This is exactly what I wanted to know. I took a picture of my IR list and list order just in case I blew it and needed to put 'em back manually. I haven't yet performed a factory reset since getting the unit in FEB because of the confusion over reset protocols. Whether or not IR's could be retained using ANY of the factory reset protocols.

As I read it 7&8 dosen't get you 'the latest factory presets', just resets the presets you already have, yes ? To get the latest factory presets it appears 10&11 is the reset protocol, though as a consequence you lose your loaded IR's.

Am very curious to see what the latest factory presets are now. I also want to get a couple of patches back that I stupidly deleted before I knew what I was doing specifically the Ampeg B15 bass patch- caled GrabN Go ?