Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My Music Library iOS Remote App - current limitations V 2.50.3

Kareem33

Hello,

Based on my use of the AMPLIFI Remote App V 2.50.3 on iOS 9.3.1 both with an iPhone6S and iPad 2 (when logged in with a Line 6 account), I was hoping other can confirm the current limitations I have discovered:

1. All itunes Music will appear in the Amplifi App, as long as it is on (downloaded to) the iOS Device.
  2. All itunes Music purchased (not necessary downloaded) will appear in the Amplifi App, as long as it was purchased in iTunes (note, does not need to be downloaded to the iOS Device), as long as "Settings > Hide Songs Not On Device" is set to off.*
  3. Home sharing of itunes Music Library from a PC/Computer is not supported, and will not display that Music in the App at all.

* Note, the 'retrieving tones' ability would sometimes not work on the iPad 2 when playing a music file from the Music Library displayed in the App. This seemed to be able to be worked around, by ensuring at least one song from the itunes library was downloaded to the iOS device, and played to allow a retrieve tones to occur.

If other users could please confirm my experiences above reflect their own it would be appreciated :)

[*]Home sharing of itunes Music Library from a PC/Computer is not supported, and will not display that Music in the App at all.

I have been able hear and stream anything in my computer. Especially iTunes, when outputting to the Amplifi. You can select Amplifi as the output device in the audio/midi setup on a Mac. You can also choose this option even if you use A Bluetooth connection on your desktop. Lastly the Amplifi is automatically selected as the output device if you connect the 1/8th in cable from the aux out on the amp to the headphone in on any computer, phone or tablet.

Now. All that being said, none of these choices allows you to select a song for tone matching without also using the remote app via Bluetooth.

[*]

Now. All that being said, none of these choices allows you to select a song for tone matching without also using the remote app via Bluetooth.

Thanks for the quick response :)

It is specifically the tone matching element via the REMOTE App that I'm wanting to confirm is not possible when using Home sharing of an itunes Music Library.

In my experience the song MUST be on the Device using the REMOTE App, or Purchased in the iTunes Music Library being displayed in the Music Library via the REMOTE App. Am I correct?