Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

List of default cabs per simulated amp

Smashcraaft

Attached are my efforts until now. As you can see, I tried like to write down some of the characteristics of the mics but as I am not a native speaker I like to ask for your help on that point.

After the release I will provide the file in a proper version. 

All HD Models and Default-Cabs in Order.pdf

• Upvote 1

Good work.

Here's my take on the mics (which could be completely wrong from someone else's perspective):

409 Dyn: A tamer version of the SM57 Dyn. It doesn't cut through you as much and is less harsh, lacks the fizz the SM57 has, and is overall well balanced across the frequency spectrum.

421 Dyn: A brighter 409 Dyn but also lacking in some mids.

4038 Rbn: Emphasis is on the lower end of things. Also has a unique voicing that reminds me a little of a parked wah.

121 Rbn: Fairly dark, but well rounded. Similar to the 409 Dyn with less presence.

87 Cond: It's got an active feel to it, kind of like an active EQ on a bass guitar, or active pickups. It can be aggressive sounding with some cabs but overall has a fairly neutral character.

67 Cond: Brighter than the 87 Cond, but also less aggressive. Somehow a softer feel than the 87 Cond, even though it's brighter and a little more sparkly.

Note that these descriptions are from what I remember as it pertains to the HD specifically. Since I've gotten Helix, the same mics from there are somehow different. For example, when switching mics on the HD there are drastic changes, but on Helix the changes seem minimized and not as abrupt.

Here's my take on the mics (which could be completely wrong from someone else's perspective):

[...]

Note that these descriptions are from what I remember as it pertains to the HD specifically. Since I've gotten Helix, the same mics from there are somehow different. For example, when switching mics on the HD there are drastic changes, but on Helix the changes seem minimized and not as abrupt.

I am pretty sure that we can find descriptions that the most users can live with. So thank you for your personal  perspective  :)

I had noticed the drastic tone-changes on changing mics too which let me to aks for this idea which would make a comparison much easier...

Voted, but I wouldn't deprive yourself of any oxygen over it getting done.

Usually for comparison I'll just end up using the daw: record something, change a setting, record that something again, etc. Then I just switch takes in the daw to instantly compare things.

Thank you Darrell. I have updated my file above. Some infos are still missing and I have to search for a (preferably) short explanation of the mics provided by duncann.

I am very interested in sorting some amps after their cabs and/or mics, to test them side by side, to understand the behavior of these modeled gear.