Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any Pod HD desktop users who've bought the new FBV3 floorboard?

PekkaM

I cannot be the only one who's bought the new floorboard from Line6 for the grey kidney bean. I'd like to hear from other users and maybe get some help sorting out issues with expression/volume pedal use that I have some trouble solving with the support.

Also patch files where you have managed to get wah/volume switch from the expression pedal switch button so that both work would be greatly welcome!

Hi.  I too just picked up an FBV3.  My intention is to have it replace my FBV Express MkII for both my POD HD desktop as well as my POD HD Pro X rack unit.  I have yet to mess around with the volume/wah pedal, but there is a software update available from Line 6 for the FBV control software that now includes support for the FBV3.  I just downloaded it as well as the FBV3 firmware update.  Perhaps messing around with the board after downloading the updated software will help answer your question.

Cheers,

Bill

I did the update and that got the lights working on FS1-FS5, Tap and Wah/Vol. However didn't help with making a patch where Expression siwtch triggering functionality between Wah and Vol actually works. Or maybe I just fail to do it.

The problem I have is that using the Expression switch to trigger between Wah and Vol also triggers the whole expression pedal on/off. So when I have Wah on, the pedal works and the Wah effect is fine but when I switch to Vol, the pedal also switches off and it cannot be used to adjust volume (the virtual knobs on Pod HD Edit software don't move either).

Hmm, I had the same issue once, but then realized that I did a misconfiguration: I had both Wah and Vol set to Exp1 (which resulted in a similar behaviour. As soon as I changed Vol to Exp 2 and had in Default only one of the two switched on everything worked smoothly.

Just to add: I am using FBV3 with a Pod HD Pro X rack unit and Pod HE Edit Software ...

• Upvote 1

Hmm, I had the same issue once, but then realized that I did a misconfiguration: I had both Wah and Vol set to Exp1 (which resulted in a similar behaviour. As soon as I changed Vol to Exp 2 and had in Default only one of the two switched on everything worked smoothly.

Just to add: I am using FBV3 with a Pod HD Pro X rack unit and Pod HE Edit Software ...

But there's only one Exp on this unit and in the software.

The support guy also got it working on the rack unit and I asked him to try on the desktop one if possible.

Hey, I got it working like you said Klaus. With a little help from the support.

It seems that it was indeed the Exp2 setting I needed to use and I was only looking under Exp Swittches which I obviously only have one of. So the ExpSw changes the operation of expression pedal between Exp1 and Exp2 parameter in addition to whatever effects it was set to toggle.

I wish there was more documentation for these and sample patch files too.

• 10 months later...

I just bought a new POD HD PRO-X rack unit (coming UPS Monday) and a new FBV3 Footcontroller (arrived today). I'm glad I've found and read these comments first so I'll be up and running them together properly ASAP.

I plan to Update Firmware and software versions before doing anything else to obtain best potential for success, learning from what I've read here. I'm considering buying a Mission Engineering EP-1 L6, the regular cord model expression pedal designed for use with FBV Shortboards, and dedicating Exp 1 and Exp 2 as Wah and Volume pedals to use full time.

Can anyone tell us if it's possible to set Exp 2 as the WAH full-time? I have understood that Exp 2 defaults to VOLUME PEDAL.

I prefer the heavy Crybaby vibe and design of the Mission pedals for my Wah, and want to set it to Exp 2 globally, and simply use the FBV3 onboard pedal (Exp 1) for Volume on every preset. Besides, I don't like how difficult it is to operate the toe switch to change from volume to wah. It is very tough to push without standing with my full weight upon that toe switch! JamnThang

P.S. Please share about pedal assignment experience for achieving what I've described.

The EXP pedal is an EXP pedal. It is not a wah pedal or a volume pedal. If you want the EXP pedal to control something, you need to

1: assign that effect to your patch.

2: assign a parameter of that effect to the EXP pedal.