4 replies to this topic

#1 rlumpkin

rlumpkin

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

I like that, in the new workbench, we can mute a string for one (and only one) "custom" tuning.  Before, this was only a global option.  Now we can have the tele in bridge position switch to a Keith Richards-like "blues G" tuning with the low-E muted.

#2 johnnyayyy

johnnyayyy

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1374 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

I like that, in the new workbench, we can mute a string for one (and only one) "custom" tuning.  Before, this was only a global option.  Now we can have the tele in bridge position switch to a Keith Richards-like "blues G" tuning with the low-E muted.

Weird... in my old (purchased used) Variax 300 there was a preset in the Custom 2 bank with the E string muted, I never tried doing this in Workbench as I never needed this feature but I always assumed it was an option. I wonder how the previous owner created that tone?

The first time I switched to that preset I thought one of my piezos was going dead :D , then thought it was a firmware glitch until I figured out it was the "Keef" tuning

#3 killergege

killergege

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

I agree, this is an awesome new feature !

#4 dtray187

dtray187

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Can you mute several strings? for doing spread chord voicings and sliding around

#5 jefflynyrd

jefflynyrd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

yep. in wb u can mute 'em all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users