Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I use my Variax Acoustic 700 power supply box to power on my JTV59, so that I never use its battery.

I was wondering if the right way to store the battery is keeping it inside its slot in the guitar or store it in a drawer.

Should I store it charged?

Thanks,

Enrico

If you keep it in the Variax, it will still drain relatively quickly. Your best bet is to keep it in a cool, dry place - the cooler the ambient temperature, the longer it will maintain a charge. Also, Lithium Ion batteries do better when they're stored with a charge between 40-50% of their total capacity (as opposed to 100%). I think this is why whenever you get a new phone, the battery always has some charge.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I need a replacement battery as it immediately goes to the 80% charge blinking when I put it in the charger, and only charges to one light.  I want to purchase a replacement battery, but line 6 is out of stock.   Anyone know how long they have been out of stock and b. are they still making the batteries?  I'd hate to think I dropped 900 bucks on a variax 'now with no features'.   :huh:

I need a replacement battery as it immediately goes to the 80% charge blinking when I put it in the charger, and only charges to one light. I want to purchase a replacement battery, but line 6 is out of stock. Anyone know how long they have been out of stock and b. are they still making the batteries? I'd hate to think I dropped 900 bucks on a variax 'now with no features'. :huh:

Well they're still making the guitars, so to quit making the batteries would be the stupidest financial decision since parents started giving credit cards to infantilized 18 yr old college students....that being said, how long they'll be out of stock is anyone's guess.

• 2 weeks later...