Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Adding A Second Pedal to Turn On & Off Effects

ddufour

Currently I am using Foot switch 4 to turn on the Effects Loop which

I use as a lead boost. Unfortunately, I occasionally step on the patch 4

switch by accident. Is it possible to hook up an external pedal to perform this

function?

Thanks 

You could actually plug a fairly simple switch into the extra expression pedal jack, making it separate from the other switches so you don't accidentally hit the others. It would have to provide around 10K ohms, slightly less, in one of its states. Then assign the channel volume of the amp, or other equivalent parameter, to EXP2 with the min and max values as desired.

I haven't actually tried this, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

I just tested this with a M-Audio EX-P expression pedal plugged into the Pedal 2 jack and was able to adjust the effects loop mix up and down.

How did you set this up? I have a Boss FS6 pedal that is capable of turning things on and off. Don't have

a spare expression pedal.

I didn't have a lot of time to spend on this but I was able to switch the mix level in the effects loop from 0% to 100% using the B switch on the Boss FS-6 using a TRS cable plugged into Pedal 2 and the FS-6 mode set to latch and polarity switch set to the left.  I couldn't get the A switch to do anything.

You could actually plug a fairly simple switch into the extra expression pedal jack, making it separate from the other switches so you don't accidentally hit the others. It would have to provide around 10K ohms, slightly less, in one of its states. Then assign the channel volume of the amp, or other equivalent parameter, to EXP2 with the min and max values as desired.

I haven't actually tried this, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Post #8

http://line6.com/support/topic/8091-set-footswitch-to-un-latching-momentary/

• Upvote 1