136 replies to this topic

#21 flabergaster

flabergaster

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for the thought, but that won't help me.  I have a 13 pin Roland connector where my 1/4 inch used to be, and since the usb adapter won't power the guitar, I'll just have to continue waiting.  Oh Well.

#22 CACHERA

CACHERA

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

Please Mr Line6, can you quick correct this bug.

It is unsuable.

How can you we make good setting between pod HD and Variax and Workbench HD, if we cannot connect them together ?????

Regards

Philippe

#23 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14790 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

It's not a bug.. works perfectly fine with the workbench interface.

this is currently a known limitation, and will surely be enabled as soon as it is ready.

every James Tyler Variax ships with this interface.... and if it's not a James Tyler Variax it won't work with Workbench HD anyway.

Please Mr Line6, can you quick correct this bug.

It is unsuable.

How can you we make good setting between pod HD and Variax and Workbench HD, if we cannot connect them together ?????

Regards

Philippe

#24 flabergaster

flabergaster

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

A couple of new notes on this.

I ran monkey this past weekend and found monkey and my HD500 were a couple versions behind. When I got done bringing them up to date, I guess curiosity got the best of me. I switched devices over to my JTV69, and updated it to 2.0 through my HD500. Everything worked as it has with other variax upgrades, and it took without incident. On it's download page Workbench HD still plainly states that it won't connect through the VDI connection on pods so I haven't tried that, but out of curiosity I tried the old version of Workbench and it connected and opened normally.  One of my main concerns was the inability to adjust string volume after changing strings, so I opened a model and then went through the normal process for adjusting string volume, and then backed out of Workbench without touching anything else.

The string volume adjustment worked, and my variax seems to be working normally.  I can tell that the new models are different than the old ones, and to my ears the changes are for the most part an improvement. With the patches on my HD500 I don't even mind the changes to the Spank which I use a lot, and which has drawn a lot of complaints. I will qualify that by saying that I usually use positions 1 & 5, and I think most complaints were about 2 & 4. I know that the new firmware took because Monkey shows that I'm on 2.0 and the models that were in my user banks are different than what I had set them to be on 1.9. They were just standard patchs with some alternate tunings so it's no big deal to remake on a patch in HD500 Edit, if I find a need.

Well anyway, I still can't use Workbench HD until Line 6 gets the VDI limitation remedied, but the upgrade went well, and I can adjust string volume setup with the old version of Workbench.

Hopefully the is fix for Workbench HD is soon to come, but I'd be long dead if I had been holding my breath.

#25 CACHERA

CACHERA

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

It's not a bug.. works perfectly fine with the workbench interface.

this is currently a known limitation, and will surely be enabled as soon as it is ready.

every James Tyler Variax ships with this interface.... and if it's not a James Tyler Variax it won't work with Workbench HD anyway.

It doesn't work and you think it is not a bug ??

With the FW 1.9 and WB, it is OS via the pod HD500; with FW2.0 and WBHD you can't....... IMO it is a bug not a limitation !!

Sorry

#26 CACHERA

CACHERA

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

A couple of new notes on this.

I ran monkey this past weekend and found monkey and my HD500 were a couple versions behind. When I got done bringing them up to date, I guess curiosity got the best of me. I switched devices over to my JTV69, and updated it to 2.0 through my HD500. Everything worked as it has with other variax upgrades, and it took without incident. On it's download page Workbench HD still plainly states that it won't connect through the VDI connection on pods so I haven't tried that, but out of curiosity I tried the old version of Workbench and it connected and opened normally.  One of my main concerns was the inability to adjust string volume after changing strings, so I opened a model and then went through the normal process for adjusting string volume, and then backed out of Workbench without touching anything else.

The string volume adjustment worked, and my variax seems to be working normally.  I can tell that the new models are different than the old ones, and to my ears the changes are for the most part an improvement. With the patches on my HD500 I don't even mind the changes to the Spank which I use a lot, and which has drawn a lot of complaints. I will qualify that by saying that I usually use positions 1 & 5, and I think most complaints were about 2 & 4. I know that the new firmware took because Monkey shows that I'm on 2.0 and the models that were in my user banks are different than what I had set them to be on 1.9. They were just standard patchs with some alternate tunings so it's no big deal to remake on a patch in HD500 Edit, if I find a need.

Well anyway, I still can't use Workbench HD until Line 6 gets the VDI limitation remedied, but the upgrade went well, and I can adjust string volume setup with the old version of Workbench.

Hopefully the is fix for Workbench HD is soon to come, but I'd be long dead if I had been holding my breath.

I also see that i can see my JTV with the "normal" WB. But i didn't try to make changes !!

If it is "dangerous" to make changes with WB and FW2.0 > it is an other bug than we can see FW2.0 with noral WB! ;o))

#27 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14790 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

a bug is something that's supposed to work and doesn't....

currently it's not supposed to work and doesn't = a known limitation and not a bug.

they tell you it won't work up front.

It doesn't work and you think it is not a bug ??

With the FW 1.9 and WB, it is OS via the pod HD500; with FW2.0 and WBHD you can't....... IMO it is a bug not a limitation !!

Sorry

#28 CACHERA

CACHERA

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

a bug is something that's supposed to work and doesn't....

currently it's not supposed to work and doesn't = a known limitation and not a bug.

they tell you it won't work up front.

So with the older software you did it, with the new you can't, Ok not a bug, not limitation  but a regression ! ;o))

Regards

Philippe

#29 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14790 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

they had a choice... delay the update until it worked through a pod or release it....

they are surely still working on the pod aspect...

but considering that the interface was included with every purchase, and not all owners have a pod,...

releasing it now made the most sense....

you can label it til you turn blue... pitch a fit and throw a tantrum... but it won't make it come any faster.

So with the older software you did it, with the new you can't, Ok not a bug, not limitation  but a regression ! ;o))

Regards

Philippe

#30 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

If this limitation bothers you then stick with the old stuff until Line6 finishes the support for WB from Pods.  I agree that it is NOT a bug.  They elected to release WB with partial support rather than wait until the drivers for Pod were ready.

#31 CACHERA

CACHERA

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

Ok TheRealZap and Charlie_Watt, thank you for your answer !

#32 CACHERA

CACHERA

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

you can label it til you turn blue... pitch a fit and throw a tantrum... but it won't make it come any faster.

i'm very quiet, don't worry

#33 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14790 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

Please don't take that the wrong way... hang out stay a while... participate share ideas and gather knowledge...

I just want to help people to understand, and to keep them from getting the wrong "facts"

i'm very quiet, don't worry

#34 CACHERA

CACHERA

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

Yes sure. No problem !

#35 etsiegel

etsiegel

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

Make me an offer for my extra USB interface

Hello, can you contact me offlist esiegel2@gmail.com.  I bought a used jtv89 and it didn't come with the workbench interface.  I'd be glad to buy it for a reasonable price.

I will make you an offer off list.

OK?

Eric Siegel

#36 philippjost

philippjost

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

any updates on this subject??? could some line6 staff member please confirm or deny that they are working on this??

#37 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14790 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:26 AM

Line6 Staff do not use the forums to communicate status about works in progress.

they will not publicly or privately commit to a timeframe either way.

I can assure you that it is something that they intend to do.

any updates on this subject??? could some line6 staff member please confirm or deny that they are working on this??

#38 philippjost

philippjost

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

ah i see... thanks for the reply ;)

i'll keep waiting in the kitchen sink... and the tap drips :P

#39 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14790 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

what are the chances that the fix will be released 10:15 on Saturday night?

ah i see... thanks for the reply ;)

i'll keep waiting in the kitchen sink... and the tap drips :P

#40 philippjost

philippjost

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:58 AM

almost seems like to wish impossible things... but i think only the birdmad girl knows... :P

what are the chances that the fix will be released 10:15 on Saturday night?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users