136 replies to this topic

#41 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14816 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

always comes 2late... take like 100 years... when we want it to take like 17 seconds.

#42 philippjost

philippjost

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

lol, definitley...

but when it finally comes down we will shiver and shake like the exploding boy on fascination street...

#43 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14816 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:11 AM

waiting is torture. but i'll be happy the man when i awake from this japanese dream.

#44 philippjost

philippjost

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:26 AM

i have to fight through all those strange days until it's close to me... if only tonight we could upgrade our firmware *sigh*...  but it will come on another day, sinking into my pod... but for now, work has called and it's all coming to a grinding halt...

#45 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14816 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

never enough. 

#46 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

I am waiting patiently for Pod support for WB.  I will pull the trigger on a 500X as soon as I can use it to connect to WB.  Since this is the newest Pod and it supports the JTV in many ways I would expect that Line6 would put some effort into getting drivers out that support this.  It can't be that hard to do if the JTV USB interface is already doing it.

#47 flabergaster

flabergaster

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

Going on 4 months since my initial post.  

Maybe Santa will bring it! B)

#48 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

hopefully....

#49 guilhordas

guilhordas

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

Why line 6 is taking so long to fix all the bugs? strat (2and 4) and WB using the pod

Jtv 69 , pod hd 500, suhr S3,prs custom 22, Gibson SG standard 96, fender plus strat 93

#50 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14816 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

no idea why its taking so long....

but the pod connectivity is not considered a bug... a limitation... but not a bug.

i have asked, but have no information to offer.

Why line 6 is taking so long to fix all the bugs? strat (2and 4) and WB using the pod

#51 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

Pod support - which we all want - isn't a bug but a lack of a feature.

#52 guilhordas

guilhordas

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

To me is a bug because i cant use my wb with usb interface, i just have errors

Jtv 69 , pod hd 500, suhr S3,prs custom 22, Gibson SG standard 96, fender plus strat 93

#53 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14816 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

2 completely unrelated things.. your defective wb interface does not a bug make.

To me is a bug because i cant use my wb with usb interface, i just have errors

#54 flabergaster

flabergaster

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

So much for Santa.  With my luck the the new execs from Yamaha will come in and sack the poor lonely little code monkey that's been working day and night to get us back the functionality that we lost with the 2.0 "Upgrade". :(

But maybe Yamaha will add development resources to help with this, and maybe not release half baked upgrades before completion in the future.

I love my JTV and my HD500 but I can't help but feel a bit uneasy in depending on this technology long term the way it is being managed by the manufacturer. Especially when I've spent enough money on Line6 gear to have easily bought a killer conventional rig that would work as it is supposed to, even though on a smaller and simpler scale. For me one of the major selling points of the Variax/Pod arrangement is the ability to sit at your PC/MAC with HD Edit Open Next to Workbench so you get a real time sonic representation of the changes you make in Workbench, through the exact amp model you're going to be playing it through, while staying in the digital realm, and without having to unplug, plug, tweak, unplug, plug, test drive, unplug, plug, tweak, unplug, plug, test drive, etc., etc., etc.. I don't care if you could eventually dial in the tone of the gods, who the hell could get motivated to go through that crap.

I understand that this isn't a bug, but a limitation. I don't understand why it is taking soooo loooong to get functionality back that we always had before, all the way back to my first Variax700 and Pod XTL.  This always worked before!  It is obvious that Line6 knew what paths needed to be traveled.  After 4+ months since 2.0 was released, I'm beginning to wonder if they didn't develop them selves into a corner, and maybe the current hardware leaves them no workaround. If this isn't the case, why are we still stuck?

Just Sayin'!

#55 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

Should not be a Hardware problem.  Pod can talk to the PC just fine.  It's a driver problem linking the pod to the new Workbench. (From what I have read here)

#56 flabergaster

flabergaster

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

I agree. All the more reason why we shouldn't still be waiting. Giving the benefit of doubt would mean it must be something beyond just a driver, and not just that they aren't putting reasonable emphasis on resolving this issue.

#57 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11098 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

I suspect it's the Workbench HD software rather than the driver but I really don't know. In any case I agree that it is taking too long. I find myself using Workbench HD less, or not at all, because of the extra connection requirement.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#58 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

Since Workbench talks fine to the JTV with the USB dongle it should be able to talk through the Pod USB so the hardware connections are there.  I am surprised that we are still waiting for this because it should not be that big an issue.  The old workbench worked through pods so they know how to do it.  It may be a project priority issue but that is just speculation on my part.

#59 brue58ski

brue58ski

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

If Line 6 only considers this a limitation then that indicates to me there is a chance it won't happen.  If they have decided that HD Workbench connectivity will not happen then let me know.  If they're still working on it, great.  But if they've stopped and won't be implementing it, it would at least be courteous to let me know so.

#60 flabergaster

flabergaster

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:51 AM

So glad to see that Line6 can get the development finished up on their new AMPLIFi, and redo their website, while we're still waiting for a WorkbenchHD connection through our HD500s. I guess hooking new customers is more important than maintaining relationships with the old customers.

If you potential AMPLIFi customers are wondering when the Android app will be available, and you hear that it will happen "eventually" or even "soon", please don't hold your breath!

<_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users