Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

MIDI Clock

mglines

Hi everyone! This is mostly directed toward Line 6, because I think a lot of potential buyers would like to know.

I have a ton of pedals and use a lot of them live.  I have some of them synced to MIDI clock, and one that sends a metronome to my drummer, so I can use tempo based effects live, such as tremolo, step filter, delay etc.

The Helix is amazing!  It does most of what my current rig does, plus so many things you can't do with an analog rig at all.  And obviously it sounds amazing as well, as one might expect from Line 6.  

I would buy a Helix to replace my current rig this year if it could send MIDI clock.  

Are there plans to incorporate a MIDI clock?  If so, will it come in a firmware update, or will it require a new hardware design?

Thank you!!!

MIDI clock send and sync is on quite a few people's wish lists.

However the wish list is quite large.. so there are no guarantees.. whatever items from the list they release next will make some people very happy - and others not so much.. can't please everyone unfortunately!

Myself - First I'd like some kind of scene mode and the ability to route send and return blocks to more places.. like USB, 1/4in, XLR and Path ins and out.

As others have mentioned, Line 6 doesn't usually divulge any working plans, but are generally good at releasing highly user-requested features from IdeaScale, etc.  I have voted on a couple of MIDI clock items on IdeaScale.  The topic does come up quite a bit.  It seems like MIDI clock could be low hanging fruit for Line 6 Helix. Fingers crossed.

Hi everyone! This is mostly directed toward Line 6, because I think a lot of potential buyers would like to know.

I have a ton of pedals and use a lot of them live.  I have some of them synced to MIDI clock, and one that sends a metronome to my drummer, so I can use tempo based effects live, such as tremolo, step filter, delay etc.

The Helix is amazing!  It does most of what my current rig does, plus so many things you can't do with an analog rig at all.  And obviously it sounds amazing as well, as one might expect from Line 6.  

I would buy a Helix to replace my current rig this year if it could send MIDI clock.  

Are there plans to incorporate a MIDI clock?  If so, will it come in a firmware update, or will it require a new hardware design?

Thank you!!!

Yep, no purchase till it gets MIDI in & out - backward step from 500x and I cant live without it either.