Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix editor app for iPad

jshimkoski

So, I was thinking this morning, I am super happy that there is an editor for the Helix for Mac/PC but it lacks a little bit in the ways of portability. An iPad/Android version would really take the cake.

We need more portability and a touch interface.

Here's the idea if you wanna up vote it: http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Helix-editor-for-iPad/826675-23508

I dunno, I used to really want this (I owned an Amplifi TT before Helix so thought an App would be a given) but without bluetooth I'm not altogether sure of the advantages of an IOS version. There's the obvious touch element of course but to be fair the restrictions fiddling about with a tablet sized screen once you see the extra workflow possibilities in the full editor app seem like a step back. And if you have to be tethered to a USB cable, laptop probably going to be just as handy. I get why Line 6 didn't really focus too much on the IOS\Android interface. In reality you can edit most everything on the unit itself with a color screen bigger than a phone and tactile elements surrounding the screen that automap beautifully. 

App, definitely nice to have versus need to have and with finite dev resources I hope they'd focus on other things before detracting from some element like scenes or more amp\stomp resources (man I hope some day they open up a third party aspect with a store to download and integrate licensed block components). 

Would be nice to be able to add a USB Bluetooth adapter to HELIX and edit wirelessly  --- Another biggie!! For us VARIAX users how about getting the damn Helix to act as an VDI input like it's forefathers -- HD300, 400, 500 and 500X. You can't edit Variax Models and listen to them without unplugging and switching amps etc. Truly a PAIN!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: