Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD & Shortboard, can I upgrade my POD?

Khike

I need your help and advice, I currently have my new POD HD Desktop with my Shortboard MKI, both work great, but my POD HD is not updated and I would like to know if the update may have compatibility problems between my POD HD and the shortboard as I've seen a video of a user who has this problem, it depends on your response to me animaria to update the POD HD, thank you for your help.

here's a video of a case where the POD HD has problems with the Shortboard.

greetings.

You should be able to flash back to an older firmware if things go wrong. I do recommend downloading the flash file to your PC first and choose the flash from file option in Monkey - I have had less problems and fewer "hung" flashes that way.

You should be able to flash back to an older firmware if things go wrong. I do recommend downloading the flash file to your PC first and choose the flash from file option in Monkey - I have had less problems and fewer "hung" flashes that way.

many thanks for your advice, tell me of front do I update to the latest version or is it preferable to update it with all updates, one at a time until you get to the final version?

Use the latest one as it includes all of the others. Everytime you reflash it rewrites the whole thing so there is little pint in doing it one at a time.

I wouldn't worry too much about the FBV not working as I haven't ran across any reports of such. But I do understand. ;)

-B

Use the latest one as it includes all of the others. Everytime you reflash it rewrites the whole thing so there is little pint in doing it one at a time.

I wouldn't worry too much about the FBV not working as I haven't ran across any reports of such. But I do understand. ;)

-B

my FBV shortboard works very well with my HD, my fear is that with the update may have problems as I show in the video that another user posted on youtube

I saw the vid but I can't understand what he was saying. So I am just assuming based on what you said that the flash caused incompatibility between the two. It can happen I suppose, but I had not heard of it before.

I have an HD Desktop, FBV MK1 and MK2...I have had it since it came out and nothing changes about how either FBV works with the firmware updates I did. The only setting that makes them go batty is the FBV setting for using the mini fbv in Setting page...other than that, they do need to be calibrated...older FBV MK1 can be tricky. My arm has stretched a bit over the years and I had to re-build the pedal linkage to get it back right...