Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External Switch for Looper: HD500

markwesse

Hi All

What would be the best way to be able to use an external switch for the looper. What I mean is, the timing of looping/dubbing is critical. In the past, I have been using a really flat Alesis foot pedal which has a great feel, very positive and because its flat and short throw, is very accurate. I would like to be able to use this for the loop/dub function but short of drilling a hole, installing a 6.5 socket and parallel wiring fs5, I can really see a way to do it. Any ideas?

Dude - just get a looper pedal and put the drill away. You will be better off in the long run with more functionality and use.

Just saying. :)

Hehe...the whole idea was to simplify; a switch is a lot different to another pedal. I lived with a world full of pedals...then ran everything inside an industrial mini pc/fcb1010 with about 1 months worth of behaviour programming eg double clicks/long holds in software...super flexible but spent more time thinking about what I was doing than just expressing eg left brain.

I gk cable, 2 boards and 2 output cables is where I wanted to go. The drill/socket is no big deal; picked up the hd in pretty rough condition...small hacks are fine if done with the right tools, step drill or chassis punch ;-)

Cheers