Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD Lux Model Compressing?

markwesse

Hi and sorry for the flooded posts but there are a lot of things to go over.

Just going through some AB with various rigs; really loving the high gain amps BUT Im finding the clean models are a bit dull and seem to be compressing the tone ie I use pos 4 strat and pull/pluck some notes hard (ie quacking the D+G around 5,6,7 fret) and they are definitely flat compared to eg Guitar rig. What I mean is the dynamic edge of the note is missing in the HD Lux model...its

really noticeable.

Has anyone else had similar experience?

Any advice workarounds/tweaks that help?

3.5m input loading, nothing but the amp model in the chain. Guess you can really tell that with high gain as dynamics are pretty masked by the saturation.

Cheers

therefore try changing input2 to something different that input1 like variax, aux or mic depending on which POD model you have..

Thanks hurghanico...I should have mentioned that I already have input 2 set to aux and 1 to guitar in. Im wanting to use aux as a dry loop for percussion...but thats another post. I did some more testing...blind test and the HD BF definitely misses the punch, the lux is a little better. Also the tone is a bit gritty and not smooth like the clean tones of Grig. The plate verb is really good though.

Going of memory as my HD notes are at home. Nico had an excellent thread on the Presence control too here somewhere. It is not a knob to ignore, try it cranked and then to 0% (off). It makes a difference. I usually have the high gain stuff going but I know what you are talking about - like looking for that spank on a tele.